View Full Version : 60 Minutes to do a piece on Judging controversy!

Lucky
04-25-2002, 06:19 PM
CBS’ 60 MINUTES To Follow Up On Judging Controversy
Producers for 60 Minutes/60Minutes II, will be traveling to Paris, the week of April 18 to interview French judge Marie Reine LeGougne, who is to appear before the ISU Council in Lauzanne, Switzerland the end of the month regarding her suspension over the pairs judging controversy in Salt Lake City. Lithuanian ice dancers Margarita Drobiazko & Povilas Vanagas are also scheduled to be interviewed the following weekend. The Lithuanians spoke out against ice dance judging both at the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City and at the 2002 World Championships in Nagano, Japan.

icedtea
04-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Well *that* should be interesting!! I don't think they usually take a very long time from production to airing, so I'll be looking forward to this. Thanks for the alert, Lucky!

Ice_On_Winnipeg
04-27-2002, 02:50 PM
CBC also did a segment on last night's news that I'm sure will be basically repeated on 60 Minutes...but I want to catch it too. I'm so glad they are not letting this go!!

Lee
04-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Although there was really nothing new in the CBC piece, it sounded like they had talked to some of the sources quoted in other areas (eg. Washington Post) and essentially, brought all the pieces together that have been reported so far. They talked directly to Sally Stapleford and the one French judge who is now judging for Britain. They had also apparently obtained copies of the various letters sent to and from the ISU.