View Full Version : Do ALL Synchronized Skating Teams have a country/number name as well?

FSWer
11-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Say,I know that Synchronized Skating Teams use their country along with a number when there are 2 Teams representing the same country in competition. But does anyone know if ALL Synchronized Skating Teams (along with their actual Team name) get a country/number name in genual, and they are just not hardly ever used?

Clarice
11-08-2007, 10:52 PM
All US Figure Skating synchronized skating teams get assigned a team number when the team is registered, just like each individual member of US Figure Skating gets a membership number when they join. That's not the same thing you're talking about at competitions, though.

FSWer
11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
No, I mean as we know Team Surprise is also Sweden 1. Do all Synchro. Teams get one?

SynchroSk8r114
11-10-2007, 09:37 AM
No, each team is assigned their own USFSA number, such as 8665338, for instance (just some random number I punched in).

Those teams, like Team Surprise, are known as Sweden 1 or Sweden 2, for example, because that country has more than one team represented at say...the world level. That makes it easier to differentiate between the Swedish teams instead of constantly having to use their full team name: Team Surprise.

Say the USA has three teams competing at worlds, they'd be called USA 1, USA 2, and USA 3, but not every single team has a number following their name. Can you imagine how many USA team's there'd be?! Probably close to USA 200, haha... ;)

FSWer
11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
No, each team is assigned their own USFSA number, such as 8665338, for instance (just some random number I punched in).

Those teams, like Team Surprise, are known as Sweden 1 or Sweden 2, for example, because that country has more than one team represented at say...the world level. That makes it easier to differentiate between the Swedish teams instead of constantly having to use their full team name: Team Surprise.

Say the USA has three teams competing at worlds, they'd be called USA 1, USA 2, and USA 3, but not every single team has a number following their name. Can you imagine how many USA team's there'd be?! Probably close to USA 200, haha... ;)

So,if one Team is always the one representing a country in competition,then they just use the Team's name. Because only THAT ONE Team is GOING although a country may have more then 1 Synchro. Team? But if at least TWO go THEN they start asigning a country/number name. Right? Also can someone explain what the USFSA. numbers are for? Thanks.