View Full Version : Skate Canada 2007 *SPOILERS* (Nov 1-4, 2007)

Isk8NYC
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Skate Canada 2007 Discussion Thread
November 1 - 4, 2007
Colisée Pepsi - Québec City, Québec

Official Site: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/sci07/

ISU Entries / Results: http://www.isufs.org/events/fsevent00010302.htm

Schedule and CBC Broadcast Information: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/sci07/event/schedule.cfm
(Viewing available online at www.cbcsports.ca (http://www.cbcsports.ca))

US Television Schedule: Sunday, November 11th on ESPN; 4:30-7:00pm.
Note that, in the past, the schedule has fluctuated by up to 15 minutes due to other events running over, so you might want to set your recorders to start early and end late.

Brief Schedule:
Friday - Compulsory Dance, Pairs SP, Ladies SP, Mens SP
Saturday - Pairs LP, Ladies LP, Original Dance
Sunday - Dance Free Dance, Mens LP, Exhibition

Discuss what you want, spoilers and gossip are allowed!

Muskoka Skater
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
How awesome was Skate Canada this year!! I have to say my favourite droup of the Skate Canada was the Ladies Free Skate. I loved how all our Canadians kept moving up from their first program to their last. Also look at all the skaters who got personel best. Good for Joannie Rochette 5th-3rd, Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje 8th-6th, Allie Hann-McCurdy/Michael Coreno 7th-6th-4th, and Vaughn Chipeur 6th-5th. Great job

Men: Jeffrey Buttle 3rd, Christopher Mabee 4th, and Vaughn Chipeur 5th
Ladies: Joannie Rochette 3rd, Lesley Hawker 9th, and Cynthia Phaneuf 10th
Pairs: Dubé/Davison 2nd, Langlois/Hay 4th, and Duhamel/Buntin 6th
Dance: Virtue/Moir 1st, Hann-McCurdy/Coreno 4th, and Weaver/Poje 6th

Did anybody go see it live? If anybody was wondering I just watched it on CBCCC live. I hope the Ice Dance team of Melissa Gregory/Denis Petukhov from USA are alright after the fall during the Free Dance warm up, has anybody herd any knews about how they're doing? That was an amazing triple axel done by Yukari Nakano and amazing Mao Asada free skate. I can't believe Vaughn Chipeur has already met his goal for this season the two triple axels in a program.

Nicki
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
How awesome was Skate Canada this year!!

Did anybody go see it live? If anybody was wondering I just watched it on CBCCC live. I hope the Ice Dance team of Melissa Gregory/Denis Petukhov from USA are alright after the fall during the Free Dance warm up, has anybody herd any knews about how they're doing? That was an amazing triple axel done by Yukari Nakano and amazing Mao Asada free skate. I can't believe Vaughn Chipeur has already met his goal for this season the two triple axels in a program.

I watched the coverage on CBC this afternoon, and they reported that Melissa was responsive, and doing well. That fall looked pretty scary, so I'm glad it wasn't as bad as they initially feared.

I've enjoyed CBC's coverage and being able to see the events on T.V. fairly soon after they occured in real life. I appreciated how they showed the entire two hours of coverage after the preceeding basketball game ran a half-hour over this afternoon. That would have never happened here in the US.

Artemis
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I appreciated how they showed the entire two hours of coverage after the preceeding basketball game ran a half-hour over this afternoon. That would have never happened here in the US.

That was great in theory but ... since I was out Sunday afternoon and had set it to tape from 2-4, I missed the last half hour. Oh well, at least I was able to watch it online, and it looks like I didn't really "miss" much from either of the last 2 skaters in the men's long.

For me the highlight was definitely Tessa & Scott. Wow, for their programs to look so polished and beautiful this early in the season, look out rest of the world!

Artemis
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I watched the coverage on CBC this afternoon, and they reported that Melissa was responsive, and doing well. That fall looked pretty scary, so I'm glad it wasn't as bad as they initially feared.

At the ISU web site the report dated yesterday says: "... Gregory fell hard on her chest and was hospitalized but according to the medical bulletin didn’t suffer a severe injury and was expected to be released later tonight."