View Full Version : past skating results, how do you find them?

courtneysk8s
10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey there! I'm trying to do some research on a skating coach in my area. Her resume says that she has competed at some rather high-level international competitions, but lets just say that several of us have our doubts. Hw might I go about finding competitor lists from events such as Jr. Worlds, Euros, or the national championships of european countries? The few I've been able to locate don't have her name on the rosters, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I'd appreciate any help you all can give me! IIRC, she says she was competing back in the 80's, maybe early 90's. Thanks for the help!

twokidsskatemom
10-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey there! I'm trying to do some research on a skating coach in my area. Her resume says that she has competed at some rather high-level international competitions, but lets just say that several of us have our doubts. Hw might I go about finding competitor lists from events such as Jr. Worlds, Euros, or the national championships of european countries? The few I've been able to locate don't have her name on the rosters, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I'd appreciate any help you all can give me! IIRC, she says she was competing back in the 80's, maybe early 90's. Thanks for the help!

You should be able to do a search and find out , but things seems to be hit or miss sometimes when googling.
Where are you at? Maybe find out what club she skated for.Is she from Ny orginally?
Or you could just ask her what years. tittles ect.

Isk8NYC
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
The "Concerned Parent" way is to call the PSA or USFSA to check credentials, if you have a valid reason.
Asking the head pro or skating director is the other classy way to go.

The stalker way is to check Skatabase: http://www.eskatefans.com/skatabase/

Just MHO - if you have no relationship, current or planned, with this person, I would stay out of the "research."
It could backfire and get you tagged as a troublemaker, or affect your relationship with the coaches you have/may acquire.
Again, just my personal opinion.

FSWer
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Here is a website to the actual past results for all Disciplines.http://www.geocities.com/figureskatingscores/index.html

courtneysk8s
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Just MHO - if you have no relationship, current or planned, with this person, I would stay out of the "research."
It could backfire and get you tagged as a troublemaker, or affect your relationship with the coaches you have/may acquire.
Again, just my personal opinion.

My "relationship" to this skater is that I am a board member at my club, and she is causing some trouble at the club. The embellishment of her accomplishments is just one of a number of concerns we have with her. She is quick to tell al potential clients that she was a European Championship and Olympic competitor, but then gets quite evasive when pressed for details. We are checking with PSA, USFSA and ISU, as well as her home county's skating federation, but they are all rather slow in getting back to us and we need to make decisions regarding her right away, before she causes more trouble.

Isk8NYC
10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Your initial post didn't reflect your board member status, it sounded like skating parents at their worst. Why wouldn't the organizations you mentioned confirm this coach's status right away? If you sent an email or letter, I would follow up with a phone call.

The skating club board has the right to require documentation from their coaches. I've always had to submit proof of insurance and a resume' although my current Club had their own form. That form asked for test levels passed, titles held, etc. as well as insurance and liability waivers.

I know of a very high-level coach and former skater who has excellent credentials (National Champion of a European country) but doesn't use them or get specific about when, why, and what titles she holds.

We've been friends for a loooong time and a few years ago, she got upset at me for revealing the year that she skated the Olympics. Why? Because she's vain, and she lies about her age. Anyone looking for her results would have to go back a full decade at least. ROFL

Good luck.