View Full Version : Smuckers Stars On Ice (US) + Yagudin + B/S

adrianchew
04-23-2002, 07:48 PM
http://www.starsonice.com/news/detailnews.asp?NewsID=36

[quote:a9e0b65572]Making their debut with Smucker’s Stars on Ice will be 2002 Mens Olympic Champion and 4-time World Champion Alexei Yagudin, and 2002 Olympic Pair Champions Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze. Additional cast members will be announced.[/quote:a9e0b65572]

Lee
04-23-2002, 11:14 PM
*nyah, nyah*

This will be the 2nd year already that Cdn SOI has had Yags! I wish B&S had been joing the Cdn tour this year too, but...hopefully, they'll come to Canada *next* year!!

And yes, BD and I are looking forward to seeing Yags in person for the first time on May 12 in Edmonton! :)

Schmeck
04-24-2002, 06:48 AM
[quote:592eba3043]Smuckers is thrilled to once again be associated with the highly popular Stars on Ice tour", said Richard Smucker. "Having been a proud supporter of Stars on Ice in the past, we are excited to once again bring wholesome, family entertainment to hometowns across America.[/quote:592eba3043]

Guess they didn't see this year's show, huh? :wink:

Wholesome, family entertainment, my fanny...

Schmeck

Blue Ridge
04-24-2002, 10:51 AM
On the "wholesome, family entertainment" subject, I had never seen SOI because it does not come to my town until this year's TV broadcast, which I really did not like at all. I can't imagine B&S in such a show. Has SOI always been the way it was this past year? What were past year's shows like? Is there hope for something that is a bit more of a "wholesome, family entertainment" and simply excellent skating sort of show?

Kruss
04-24-2002, 12:51 PM
While Sandra Bezic has always liked to inject a little 'sex kitten' aspect into the show, in past years it was much better. There was mature skating, fun skating, silly skating, romantic skating, and the like. It was imaginitive, innovative, and fun.

Recent years have paled in comparison, for me anyways. With the 'golden era' of pro skating pretty much over, it's bound to be different. This past year is the first season since 95/96 that I didn't even bother buying a ticket OR watching the broadcast (although I'd like to see Kristi and Denis' pair number).

However, since Alexei usually doesn't come to Chicago for COI, I guess I might have to check out the SOI show next year. Alexei is my favorite eligible male skater right now, with Todd being a close second - with both on the tour, it's bound to be interesting for me again. We'll see...

ToddFan
04-24-2002, 08:08 PM
LEE! How rude ;)

Lee
04-25-2002, 10:06 AM
I know... :twisted:

ToddFan
04-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Ain't gonna feed YOU after midnight, tsk tsk tsk.... :roll:

seabird
04-27-2002, 04:54 PM
For some reason, I thought that SOI was a "non-sanctioned" ISU "event" for eligible skaters. Am I mistaken, or does this mean that B&S are planning to give up their eligible status?