View Full Version : Skate Bags

sk8tmum
10-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Help. I need to get new skate bags for my kids. I don't like the Zuca bags (expensive, know lots of people who are really disappointed with the quality, hate the pulling-the-dog thing, don't seem too practical). I need something pretty sturdy; will hold skates, chamois, guards, food (the usual stuff); isn't so huge that it is an issue on school buses, and, because I have a DS as well as a DD, isn't - pink - with sparkles and glittery angels and stuff (DS isn't into girly either, actually).

I've seen the TransPack bags, they look good, esp. because the skates don't always get taken out of the bag to dry very quickly :frus: . DD is adult-ish size, DS is around 5 feet. But, I can't find anyone local who stocks them, and I don't want to order them without knowing if they're any good.

So ... comments? Suggestions? Advice?

littlekateskate
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
http://skatebuys.com/tricebag.html

I have this transpack bag for my kids. THey both are young so there skates are little. And i can fit both skates one set on each side. and there is tons of room in the center of these bags for lots of stuff. There is also a little zipper compartment in that section too.

We have had it for over a year with two sets of skates in it and its holding up great! I dont know of an flaws :) Plus its nice for me to throw on my back when the little tyke doesnt carry it!

iskatejunkie
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I use the bigger sized Transpack. Mine is solid black. I really like it. It is very well made. I have a full sized binder (rules, patterns & etc), full sized Kleenex box (square), tons of gloves, spare laces, first aid kit, wraps and all kinds of junk in the center part of the bag. The skates have their own seperate place on either side of the bag. If I tried I could carry around both of my sets. I've customized it with some rhinestone iron-ons on the sides and a patch on the top! It isn't by any means flashy like the Zuca bags... it's a utility and serves it's purpose well!

dbny
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
DH uses a black Transpack that I got on eBay for about $20. He likes it a lot. I bought it for myself, but decided I wanted an entirely closed bag after all. I use a large sized LL Bean book bag with a zillion pockets.