View Full Version : SP-Teri skating boots

Patricia Lee 49
08-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Have any skaters out there purchased a new pair of stock boots from SPterri in the last year or so? The model I would like to talk about is the Super Teri. I purchased a pair about a year and a half ago and the boot topside is not similar is composition to the leather upper I am used to seeing. I buy this same model every two and a half years and this last pair seems to not be made of leather but of plastic - not like what I had been buying. I wonder if there is any leather in the make up of this boot at all. The heel and sole are leather but the top side really has me perplexed. Any comments?

icedancer2
08-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Are they heat molded? I also bought a pair of Teri's in the last couple of years which I swear are not leather and will never break in or down.

Yes, very strange.:twisted:

Patricia Lee 49
08-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Are they heat molded? I also bought a pair of Teri's in the last couple of years which I swear are not leather and will never break in or down.

Yes, very strange.:twisted:
I particularly agree about the not breaking down part. I am only noticing now that mine are starting to get worn in a little. I am really curious about the composition. I told my husband that I think they are bullet proof too.

Morgail
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I bought my Super Teris in Apr. '06. Are you talking about the white part of the boot?
Mine took a while to break in, and they're comfortably creased now. I'm expecting them to start showing signs of breaking down sometime this season. They are tough boots, but they were perfect for my ability and weight (I was no lightweight when I bought them, though I've lost a lot of weight since then).

Patricia Lee 49
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I purchased mine at the same time - april 06. So they do wear down?... Mine seem to be fine now. I did not think they would ever break down. Interesting that you mentioned weight. I wonder if the manufacturer considered the weight and age of the wearer and decided this would be the best material to make the boots out of. Needless to say, I was not happy when I received them and I let them know I would never order a spteri boot again. If these last longer than two years I might reconsider. :??

Morgail
08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I think that if I'd went with anything less stiff, I'd be buying new boots by now. Mine have small creases on the outside ankle area, and larger creases across the tongue.
I've heard of other people who were not happy with their SPTeris because of how tough the boots are. But I know another woman who thought the Super Teris weren't stiff enough, and got the stiffest SPTeri boot (KT3, I think?)! It seems like skaters either love the boots or hate them - there's no in between.

dbny
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
How about moving this to the On Ice - Skaters (http://www.skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum. May get more responses there.