View Full Version : New Matt Savoie Article

geena
08-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let Matt's fans know that I've written a piece on him that is featured in the current (Aug/Sept) issue of SKATING. It's called "No Place Like Home" and explains some of the details of how he made it all the way to the Olympics without ever really leaving his hometown (Peoria, IL).

For whatever reason, the piece was left out of SKATING's table of contents at the front of the issue... but look for it on pages 12-13. It features a couple of photos you probably haven't seen before, too :)

Enjoy!

K. Lawrence

geena
08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi again,

When I wrote this article about Matt, I also thought it would be interesting to see how much Matt and his coach Linda knew about each other (since they've been together for so long)... so I came up with list of questions for each to answer about the other. Kind of like a "Newlywed Game" for coach and student, if that reference makes sense to anyone.

Anyway, I wrote it as a sidebar for this article, but unfortunately they didn't have room for it in the magazine. I still have it, though, and would be happy to share it with anyone interested... drop me a line at KLawrence997@gmail.com if that sounds like something you'd like to read.

KL