View Full Version : Learn To Skate VS. Canskate.

FSWer
08-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Say,this question came to me yesterday. I was wondering what the difference between a Learn To Skate Program and a Canskate Program is? Or IS there one? Does anyone have an answer?

blue111moon
08-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Canskate is the Canadian version of USFS's Basic Skills program. Both are Learn-to-skate programs.

CanadianAdult
08-03-2007, 05:09 PM
My town offers "Learn-to-skate". The skating club offers CanSkate. They both do about the same thing, a bunch of kids on ice with a coach and helpers, but CanSkate has standards and coaches who have gone through rigorous training ($$$) and Learn-to-skate can be as good as the instructor they hire. Generally the terms are interchangable but Skate Canada gets a little touchy if a Skate Canada club refers to CanSkate as "learn-to-skate". It is: " CanSkate is Canada's flagship learn-to-skate program" .
See the difference ;)

It's a trademark, and a lifestyle. CanSkate will change your life, expose your talent, suck you into a sport that you'll love forever and go broke doing. You'll get to wear a funny smelling costume in a show every year or so. Did I mention that I teach the program 8-) sign up today!

FSWer
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
My town offers "Learn-to-skate". The skating club offers CanSkate. They both do about the same thing, a bunch of kids on ice with a coach and helpers, but CanSkate has standards and coaches who have gone through rigorous training ($$$) and Learn-to-skate can be as good as the instructor they hire. Generally the terms are interchangable but Skate Canada gets a little touchy if a Skate Canada club refers to CanSkate as "learn-to-skate". It is: " CanSkate is Canada's flagship learn-to-skate program" .
See the difference ;)

It's a trademark, and a lifestyle. CanSkate will change your life, expose your talent, suck you into a sport that you'll love forever and go broke doing. You'll get to wear a funny smelling costume in a show every year or so. Did I mention that I teach the program 8-) sign up today!

Ohhhhhhhhh,I get it!!!!!! Canskate is short for Candaskate!!!! ...and that means that anyone CAN SKATE!!!! Right?

the old gurl
08-08-2007, 01:16 PM
and that means that anyone CAN SKATE!!!! Right?That's the message...;)