View Full Version : Who were Kitty and Peter Carruthers born as?

FSWer
07-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Say,I don't remember this ever being mentioned in the Skating World. But does anyone know who Kitty and Peter Cruthers where born as? Their origanal last birth names.

Clarice
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
I highly doubt any of us would know that. Kitty and Peter themselves may not know. Adoptions typically were not open in those days. And I think this would be pretty personal stuff for them and not any of our business anyway.

FSWer
07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I highly doubt any of us would know that. Kitty and Peter themselves may not know. Adoptions typically were not open in those days. And I think this would be pretty personal stuff for them and not any of our business anyway.

What exactly does that mean? Not public?

montanarose
07-21-2007, 10:44 PM

It means none of your -- or our -- business. They were adopted by a pair of loving parents, and grew up as their kids. Just leave it alone. Why does this matter so much to you anyway? If you ask me, this is just a little on the creepy side.

Clarice
07-22-2007, 07:54 AM

More than not public. In a closed adoption the records are sealed, the adopting family is not told who the birth parents are, and the birth parents do not know who the adopting family is. Years ago, it was very difficult, if not impossible, for the adopted child to get this information. In any case, be it an open or closed adoption, skating fans really don't have any right to this information because it's private family business.

Samskate
07-22-2007, 10:51 AM
What the heck kind of question is that? Have to say, IMO, it's quite tasteless and should be of no relevance to anyone but the parties involved.:roll:

Lark
07-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I think one person saying it is of little concern to us is enough. Good grief. Like any of the skaters personal lives is our business, yet there are more than a few Topics dedicated to them...:roll:

Isk8NYC
07-22-2007, 01:34 PM
When children are adopted, the adoption agency/goverment keeps their birth names and birth parents' identities secret.
I doubt that they would want that personal information advertised on a message board, so we'll let this topic drop for now.

If you don't like a question or post, you can always not respond or use the User Control Panel to "IGNORE" the poster.
Anything you feel is inappropriate, just click the "Report Post" symbol http://www.skatingforums.com/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.skatingforums.com/report.php?p=331242).

Since there's nothing else to say on this topic, I'm closing this thread.