View Full Version : favorite skating clothing?

littlerain
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi! I'm just curious about what you all like to wear when skating. Any specific brands or items you can't live without? Favorite type of tights? Stuff you wear constantly? :-)

Another question - how much skating-specific clothing do you have?

I thought it might be fun for all of us to talk about what we like to wear 8-)

Clarice
07-09-2007, 06:34 AM
I generally practice in leggings - either black stirrups I made myself, or SeKu long and leggies (which I love). Either a tank top or T-shirt. Usually a black Old Navy fleece top over that, and if I'm cold, my club jacket over that. I have various other sweaters/jackets/sweatshirts I use, but that's the usual. I favor a combination of Capezio footless tights and Mondor knee socks under the leggings. I only wear skirts or dresses when I'm getting ready for a competition or performance, and I tend to wear warmup pants over everything going to and from the rink if it's cold, or if I have to stop and run an errand before I get home again. I have enough leggings/tights/shirts to skate all week without doing laundry all the time.

ETA: Actually, this looks like a discussion that's already going on in the On Ice section, about skating tops. Maybe this should be moved there - you'll get more responses in that area anyway, because that's where more skaters hang out.