View Full Version : Caren Kadavy Awarded Sonja Henie Award by PSA

PAskate
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070623&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=706230343

Kadavy, an Erie native and ice-skating teacher at the Westminster Skating Club of Erie, was chosen for this year's award over fellow nominees Nancy Kerrigan, Elizabeth Manley and Angela Nikodinov.

The honor, named for Norwegian ice-skating phenomenon Sonja Henie, has been issued by the Professional Skaters Association every year since 1996 to a female professional skater who "has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner."

Later in the article, it also mentions that Caren has just recently gotten married.

Samskate
06-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the article, PASkate. Nice honor for Caryn. Since it says she was celebrating her marriage to a local car dealer, it must be a second marriage because she was married to a physician several years ago. I hadn't heard or read anything about her being divorced, but guess that's what must have happened.

PAskate
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the article, PASkate. Nice honor for Caryn. Since it says she was celebrating her marriage to a local car dealer, it must be a second marriage because she was married to a physician several years ago. I hadn't heard or read anything about her being divorced, but guess that's what must have happened.

It was a very nasty divorce, so I hope that she finds much happiness this time around.

Samskate
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
I had no idea Caryn had gone through a nasty divorce. I'm so sorry to hear that. Since I live in PA also, you would have thought I'd have heard something about it. I wish her much happiness with her new marriage.