View Full Version : What are Skating Movie ex's for audiances told about Skating Doubles?

FSWer
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Say everyone. I saw part of Ice Princess,and this question dawned on me. We know that Skating Doubles are used in the Skating seg. of a Skating movie for when a skater is just on the ice in genual. But what about Competition/Show seg. were they actually are in front of the audiance full of ex on TV.? What are the people in the movie that make up the audiance for the movie told (if anything) when they make the movie about who is going to be on the ice? Example...when they anounced Nicki's name in the movie,those people hear her called Nicki. But we know it's Danielle Kahle. So what do the Movie people say to those people? I hope I'm explaining myself right. But does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks.

TreSk8sAZ
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Most of the people who are watching the making of the movie see the scenes so many times while filming that they're seeing a double. It's not unusual in movies for stunts or anything else for there to be a double. Especially in a skating movie, people most likely expect it.

Though I do have to add, Kirsten Olsen (Nikki) also did a lot of her own skating in that movie. Danielle did jumps and such, but Kirsten is a Junior level skater from Minnesota.

peanutskates
06-09-2007, 01:41 PM
also, in Ice Princess, the majority of the audience was actually made up of dummies (they said this on the DVD extras).