View Full Version : Deal Making Exposed: Does it render recent medals corrupt?

loveskating
04-19-2002, 11:55 AM
:?: Logically, I keep thinking that if all this deal making was going on, then there had to be counter-dealings as well...else no one from the U.S. , England, Canada or Japan would ever have won...like (gold) Torvil & Dean, Browning, Stojko, Eldredge, Kwan, Boitano, Ito, Sato (silver and bronze) Kerrigan, Harding, Weiss, Stojko, Kwan, Brasseur & Eisler, Meno & Sand, etc.

How do you explain this, without saying "they were that good" because I saw the ice dance judging at Worlds, adn C&S were just not "that good", nor did they come close to bringing the house down like D&V did.

Miezekatze
04-20-2002, 04:15 AM
Of course there would be counter-dealing. Oh wait, no, it's of course just the evil communist Russians who do that kind of stuff. Oh yeah and somehow they got those other East-European countries involved, like france and italy. While Lithuania of course isn't, it's not like that's one of those former east-bloc states :roll:

As for recent...there's already been talk about deal-making at the 88 Olympics. And earlier. It's hardly a "recent" thing.

loveskating
04-22-2002, 10:44 AM
:D "Soviet bloc = France and Italy" ROFLMAO!

Yes, I understand Liz Manley, and numerous others have claimed that they legitimately won but the "evil commie" judges robbed them. But my question is: does this go both ways? I mean, I haven't heard anyone from Russia etc. claiming that they won when Kwan, Torvil & Dean...all those I previously mentioned, won?