View Full Version : Need help finding World Champs videos

WeirFan06
03-28-2007, 12:52 AM
So I just got back from the world championships where I had all-event passes and only watched the CD, OD, and exhibitions, lol. At least they were half price tickets :frus: I actually wanted to watch a few of the men and women who I KNOW will not be on American TV broadcasts, but I was there with one of the skaters, and we were both a little burnt out on skating by that time and didn't make it to the arena for either event. I know that in Japan, and also in Europe they tend to show everybody on TV when they broadcast an event. I've heard that on eurosport (?) they sometimes have videos of people you don't normally see... but I looked on the website and couldn't figure it out. Has anybody had any experience with this??

Thanks in advance ;)

cathrl
03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Eurosport usually show the whole lot live - IIRC the only one they didn't show live for us was the women's long program.

Having said that, unless you've got a special video player you won't be able to play a European-recorded video, because the systems are different. Ours are PAL and yours are NTSC. Your best bet might be bittorrent or youtube.

dooobedooo
03-28-2007, 01:35 PM
As cathrl said, www.youtube.com . Select "sport", type "figure skating" as search word and you will find quite a few.

Lark
03-28-2007, 02:15 PM
As cathrl said, www.youtube.com . Select "sport", type "figure skating" as search word and you will find quite a few.

Or type in the event (Worlds 2007 skating) or the athletes name (Weir 2007).

www.youtube.com had the SP's on there before we were able to see them in America. They were broadcast in Germany or somewhere else.

Also, do not forget that you can find old skating there as well. I got to watch Maria Butyrskaya in a Junior competition once. Really cool!!!:mrgreen: