View Full Version : BITA Adult Skating Camp...

BITA Webmaster
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
The British Ice Teachers Association are proud to announce details of our first Adult Ice Skating Camp.

The course will be taken by World renowned ice coaches James Young, Joan Slater and Dawn Peckett.

The course will be held over 3 days from 10th - 13th June 2007 at iceSheffield UK and will cover:

Edgework
Power Skating
Field Moves,
Free Skate
Ice Dance Choreography (artistry on ice)
Off Ice Conditioning for Adults
How to take care of your body.
Social events...

Check out the details here... (http://www.bita-uk.com/temp%20pages/bitacamp.html)

NickiT
03-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Oooh, interesting. Thanks for that!

Nicki

Tiggerwoos
03-06-2007, 03:37 PM
That definitely sounds interesting.

Do you have to have passed any of the NISA tests to join or is it open to any levels?

Sonic
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Yeah...what they said lol!

S xxx

Mrs Redboots
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if I can get it as a birthday pressie? Any camp with Jimmy Young gets my vote, 100%!!!!

Although I don't, alas, think it will be possible, as we'll have just had almost 3 weeks' holiday, two competitions and a skating camp during the previous 3 weeks. But it would be nice....

BITA Webmaster
03-07-2007, 07:53 AM
The camp is open to all levels and abilities.

It is a fantastic opportunity to train with two world class coaches!

Tiggerwoos
03-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Will be going into work tonight to book those days off work! Looking forward to it.:)

Mrs Redboots
03-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Yay, Husband isn't totally ruling it out - he's checking his calendar (which means he's tempted, too!!!).

skatingdoris
03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Okay so i've just stumbled across this

http://www.disc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BITA%20Camp%20Flyer.doc
(The info is also on www.bita-uk.com)

and wanted to know if anybody here knew anything about it, or was thinking of going? As it has captured my intrest.

Isk8NYC
03-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I've merged your post together with the original thread started by the BITA webmaster.

skatingdoris
03-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Ooh, didn't know this was here
Thanks Isk8NYC :D

Isk8NYC
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Your post was a good excuse to bump up the thread.

max
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
For those of you who haven't been to Sheffield before, check out the icesheffield.com website to see the rink but also remember it is only 10 minutes from the Peak District. We have great theatres, the most superb country house (Chatsworth), well worth going to see and delightful walks around the Peaks - plus don't forget Meadowhall (also known to the mothers of teenage daughters as Meadowhell) as well as the shopping in Sheffield. The people are friendly, the rink is warm! All essential points.

TashaKat
03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
and don't forget Chatsworth Farm Shop .... heaven :)

Oh .... and Saffbags is in Sheffield too, about a 15 minute drive from the rink :D

Sessy
03-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Ohhh this is interesting Nice & close to home too! Take an overnight ferry and the train from there. But mom'll psyche out if I say I wanna go to England by myself! :x
Maybe my BF wants to accompany or something.

Isk8NYC
03-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh .... and Saffbags is in Sheffield too, about a 15 minute drive from the rink :DFirst, what is "Saffbags?" Is it Saffy (your famous horse) or is it a luggage store? LOL

Second, my old John Wilson Gold Seal blades were from Sheffield...my big brother was in London on business and he bought them for me as a birthday present.

larsa_skater2
03-16-2007, 08:54 AM
sounds cool:P

sceptique
03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if I can get it as a birthday pressie?

You just gave me an idea.....
My birthday is June 1. Always have trouble deciding what I want. I think I'll just give my husband a flyer.... khe-khe.

If I manage to get away from my rink - count me in!

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Sadly, much though I'd really love to come, it's not going to work out - we're only just back from three weeks' holiday, including two competitions and one camp, and then there will be another competition (I hope!) towards the end of June....

Can we have another one in the adult off-season??? Please????

kateskate
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
But mom'll psyche out if I say I wanna go to England by myself! :x

Why? We are nice over here in England ;) :)

skatingdoris
04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Okay thats it, I've made up my mind I'm going!!!

sent in the application and booked a hotel - because I can so afford it with all that spare money I've got floating around:halo: Anyone else definatley going? Would be great to hear from you, hoping that might get to meet some of you there.

Very excited about it now, should really concentrate on passing finals and graduating first 8O

excited, excited, excited,.....must get back to dissertation now:(

Tiggerwoos
04-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Yay! Someone else from here going. I'm definitely going to be there too! Really looking forward to it.:)

sceptique
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Ohhh this is interesting Nice & close to home too! Take an overnight ferry and the train from there. But mom'll psyche out if I say I wanna go to England by myself! :x

BTW if you decide going you can stay with me and my husband.
I leave about 1-1.5 hours from Sheffield.

BITA Webmaster
04-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Don't forget to book now onto the BITA Adult Skating Camp to get the Early Bird special price!

COST (inclusive of Sunday reception, lunches and Barbecue):
Early Birds Register by May 1st £165 or £60 per day
Late registration £185 or £65 per day
Registration forms can be downloaded on the BITA Website (http://www.bita-uk.com/temp%20pages/BITACampApplication.doc)

Mrs Redboots
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Oh, how I wish I were going! Sadly, we'd already booked our holiday before you announced it, and we can't really afford to do both, either in terms of money or time. Another year, we will come straight home from the Mountain Cup and then come to the camp.

I do hope it's a success and can be repeated next year.

LibraJen
04-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I am new to this forum but I just sent off my cheque and application form for this camp today... 8-)

Is anyone else from London going:?:

Jen

BatikatII
04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Not quite London since I skate at Bracknell but I am considering going. Just have to work out if either of my kids have exams that week. I would feel a bit mean leaving them to fend for themselves when they have GCSE's and A level's to contend with. A month later or earlier and it would have been fine. June is a bad month for anyone with kids. Also means no teachers can attend which is a shame as there seem to be a lot of teachers who skate.

edit as of 18/4 . Just found out daughter has GCSE exams on all three days of the camp so I can't come. I am very disappointed as it sounds great and I'd have jumped at the chance but can't leave the poor kid to make her own meals and find her own way to exams and cope with exam stress on her own so will have to be a good mum and not attend the camp. Boo hoo!

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Oh that's a shame :( I guess that's something they didn't consider when they picked June.

Tiggerwoos
04-21-2007, 08:24 AM
That's a shame. Would have been nice to see you there Batikat.

Evelina
04-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I am new to this forum but I just sent off my cheque and application form for this camp today... 8-)

Is anyone else from London going:?:

Jen

Hi,

I am from london and I am going. At least I think I am, I sent everything off but I haven't heard from them...

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Im going too...don't worry about having not had any reply from BITA, i was worried too coz i hadn't heard anything so i phoned Tony Barron and he said 'yes, cheques have been received and that they'd be writing to everyone at the end of april.'
CrystalIce x

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah I haven't heard anything back yet either and my cheque hasn't been banked yet as far as I can tell though I guess it will take a few days. :??

Have you booked a hotel and train ticket yet? I was going to wait until I heard back from them but don't want to leave it too late...

Jen

Evelina
04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the information :) now I can go ahead and sort my accomodation out. Any suggestions where to stay? I have never been to Sheffield, I had a look at the sites of the places they reccomend but there isn't that much information on them.

Evelina
04-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah I haven't heard anything back yet either and my cheque hasn't been banked yet as far as I can tell though I guess it will take a few days. :??

Have you booked a hotel and train ticket yet? I was going to wait until I heard back from them but don't want to leave it too late...

Jen

I am going to drive. I have my trusty tomtom and hope to not get lost! Maybe we can all agree and book at the same hotel? It would be more fun staying in one place!

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Ive reserved a room at Accor hotel. Its the cheapest out of the ones they suggested, £32 per night and its quite literally just up the road from Icesheffield.

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I had a look at the Accor Hotels site and there is one there called the Etap Hotel Sheffield arena - the price is the same (£32/night) for single double and triple rooms if anyone is interested in saving a few £££s! I think it would be quite fun to share a room and get to know some other skaters if anyone is interested...?

Evelina
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I had a look at the Accor Hotels site and there is one there called the Etap Hotel Sheffield arena - the price is the same (£32/night) for single double and triple rooms if anyone is interested in saving a few £££s! I think it would be quite fun to share a room and get to know some other skaters if anyone is interested...?

I'd be up for sharing a room if you'd like to risk it ;) definitelly good plan to save money! (that way I can spend it all on skating!)

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Etap hotel, yeah thats the one! Oh, i would have been interested in sharing...
CrystalIce x

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd be up for sharing a room if you'd like to risk it ;) definitelly good plan to save money! (that way I can spend it all on skating!)

My sentiments exactly!

Do you think we could get a third person? That would be ideal -£32 each for accommodation for the whole thing would be very handy!

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Do you think if you phoned up they would let you change your reservation to a triple Crystalice?

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I could definitely give it a try....it should be ok shouldnt it?
CrystalIce

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah try it the worst they can say is no! I am definitely up for it if you can do it.

Evelina
04-21-2007, 10:03 AM
My sentiments exactly!

Do you think we could get a third person? That would be ideal -£32 each for accommodation for the whole thing would be very handy!

I'm up for making it a triple if we can pull that off :)

Where in London are you travelling from?

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh I am getting quite excited about it now! In the meantime here is a bit about me so we won't be *complete* strangers! I am 26, graduated 3 years ago from Essex Uni with a degree in American Studies and I now work as a PA in a law firm. I started skating lessons when I was 8 and did group lessons until I was 11, then gave up because it was too expensive. Then I started again in November last year and I am completely addicted. I skate at Lee Valley which is about a 5 minute cycle from my flat. During the winter I was training at Broadgate arena on my lunch breaks and now it's closed I've just managed to wangle a change in my working hours on Tuesdays so that I can get back home in time for the 5-7 patch at Lee Valley :D :D :D This week will be the first time I do that so I'm quite looking forward to it. It will mean I will be doing 3x 2hr training sessions and I have a half hour lesson on Saturday mornings. I'm currently working on one foot spins, spirals and 3-jumps and I have set myself a goal of getting all my singles by the end of this year... :??

skatingdoris
04-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Im going too...don't worry about having not had any reply from BITA, i was worried too coz i hadn't heard anything so i phoned Tony Barron and he said 'yes, cheques have been received and that they'd be writing to everyone at the end of april.'
CrystalIce x

Thanks for that information, I was going to ring up on Mon cause I hadn't heard anything, nor has my cheque been banked. At least i know there is no need to worry about it now:)

I will be staying in the Etap hotel aswell, but have already booked a single room:( Still be nice to know people staying in the same building though, yey excited.

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Right guys i will phone them and keep you posted! Im coming up from Oxford (not a London girl im afraid!)

Evelina
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Ok, my turn:) I just turned 25 (still getting used to it). I am a physics with space science graduate currently turning into an actuary (first set of exams on mon and tues!) - lets just say its a lot of maths! I started skating when I was 3 and did group lessons until I was 8, that was back in Poland and once the political situation changed all the funding from sports went so no rinks meant I had to stop skating. I started skating again in March last year, although it was like I never did it before since it has been years and so I just started working on the Axel and the double loop, although I seem to be doing more of the double loop then the Axel. Also getting ready for my level 3 tests which terify my as I get really nervous! I skate at Ally Pally, try to make it 3 times a week at minimum!

Btw - since I am driving I am happy to offer lifts, but only have a tiny Renault Clio - I am warning in advance! :)

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey thats brilliant! Evelina's 25, LibraJen's 26 and ive just turned 25!!!! Ive been skating for a year now, i do ice dance, and i am pre-bronze level. I skate in both Oxford and Blackburn. I train pretty much every day before and after work ( if im not too knackered...im a nurse!) But tuesdays, wednesdays and fridays i manage to do a good 3 hour practice each morning (thanks to my shift pattern!!) Im so excited to meet you guys...
CrystalIce x

Evelina
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
That's dedication! I feel I should do more! I have to study alongside work though so I tend to do mornings, also because I live quite a way from the rink it means getting up at 5 am for 6 am patch... there is only so many times a week I can do that - if I do it more then 4 I am useless on the ice because I am so tired!

When did you turn 25? My birthday was April 10th so I'm guessing yours isn't far off! I recently got a 2nd coach and she is doing some dance with me as well as free, I have a lot of respect for the ice dancers as I have no sense of timing at all! which means I provide good entertainment for my coach!

Can't wait for the camp now, its so exciting! I went to Flims last year and it was amazing but it was just me and a friend in the 'Adult group' and all the other groups had elite skaters in them! Most of whom I then saw competing in Warsaw when I went to watch the Europeans, it will be good to skate with some people who don't make a triple jump look like its the easiest element they practice!

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Btw - since I am driving I am happy to offer lifts, but only have a tiny Renault Clio - I am warning in advance! :)

That's really nice of you to offer, I have an exam the Friday after the camp though and I PROMISED myself I would use the time on the train up there and back to revise for it! :halo:

Evelina
04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
That's really nice of you to offer, I have an exam the Friday after the camp though and I PROMISED myself I would use the time on the train up there and back to revise for it! :halo:

hehe... I know what you mean, I am spending this lovely sunny weekend with books.... :(

If you change your mind just let me know - it won't be a problem:). you're also welcome to come back with me if you like (i don't know if it saves you any money on the train as I don't really use them much!)

skatingdoris
04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
wow, now I feel like the baby of the group!! but I guess I was expecting that - i'm 22.

Hi CrystalIce, I skate at Blackburn when i'm home from university. Don't know if we've ever bumped into each other, but I mostly skate on the lunch time patch sessions - I like my sleep:halo: !!

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I would love to do ice dance. My coach is an ice dancer and he's gone off on the Dancing on Ice tour until mid May! When I started getting lessons again I was fully intending to go that route, but I am really enjoying the free skating too now. I love spinning although I am horrific at it and it scares the hell out of me!

Luckily I am not really at a stage where I have to choose between dance and free yet so I will just keep doing what I'm doing!

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 10:47 AM
My Blackburn coach is on the Dancing On Ice Tour too at the moment (so annoying isn't it!!!). Hope to bump into you soon skatingdoris when im next up north!

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 10:56 AM
My Blackburn coach is on the Dancing On Ice Tour too at the moment (so annoying isn't it!!!). Hope to bump into you soon skatingdoris when im next up north!

Yeah it is a bit, I've been lucky and had lots of help from other people (one of my best friends at work coaches at Milton Keynes so he's helped me out a little bit; he also knows the coach who was at Broadgate so she helped me out a bit while that was open; and now my coach's girlfriend is coaching me at my rink) but it's just not the same!!

Tiggerwoos
04-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I think I'm going to book up with the Etap hotel too. Am so glad I didn't pay over double the price for Travel Lodge down the road.

LibraJen
04-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I think I'm going to book up with the Etap hotel too. Am so glad I didn't pay over double the price for Travel Lodge down the road.

Cool! Party time at the Etap hotel!!!! :lol:

CrystalIce
04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
LibraJen, ive just sent you a P.M
CrystalIce x

NickiT
04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I've sent off my form today so I'll be there! Am looking forward to it but hoping I don't break anything this time!

Nicki

Tiggerwoos
04-28-2007, 02:49 PM
And I've booked the hotel today!

Anyone else going?

LibraJen
04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Awesome - looks like a fair number of people will be coming then! I am getting quite excited about it! CrystalIce, did you manage to cancel your room? If not, is there anyone else who wants to share...?

Jen

LibraJen
04-28-2007, 03:44 PM
I found this questionnaire on the Sasha Cohen group on Facebook - thought it might be a fun way to get to know people so I have filled it out with my own answers...

Jen

Born: September 24, 1980
Birthplace: London, UK
Height: 5'2"
Level: Beginner
Home Club: Lee Valley, East London
Hometown: Upminster [Romford], Essex
Training Town: London (Hackney/Lee Valley)
Coach: David Carter
Favorite Dinner: Shepherds’ Pie/Roast dinner
Favorite Dessert: Anything involving dark chocolate (the darker the better)
Favorite TV Show: Sex and the City, OC, Casualty
Favorite Actor: George Clooney, Will Ferrell
Favorite Actress: Gillian Anderson, Kate Hudson
Favorite Movies: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days; Kill Bill 1&2; Pirates of the Caribbean; Sur le Seuil
Favorite Singer: Britney
Favorite Song: At the moment: Sway – Pussycat Dolls version (but changes on practically a weekly basis)
Favorite Flower: Lily, Red Rose (the latter only if it’s from a man)
Favorite City To Visit: Montreal, Paris, St Tropez
Favorite Island: île de Montréal
Favorite Book: (at this point) How to Walk in High Heels (Camilla Morton); On Edge: Backroom dealing, cocktail scheming, triple axels & how top skaters get screwed. (Jon Jackson)
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Jump: As I can only do one at this point - 3 jump! But to watch – Salchow
Favorite Designers: Yves Saint Laurent
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Gem: Diamond, Opal
Favorite Type of Chocolate: Cote D’Or 85%

Tiggerwoos
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up. Anyone else going, or heard from BITA about the schedule etc.

Am really looking forward to this. Less than a month to go"

LibraJen
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up. Anyone else going, or heard from BITA about the schedule etc.

Am really looking forward to this. Less than a month to go"

Well my cheque has been cashed now so there has been some progress! Haven't heard anything about the schedule yet though. I 'met' another girl on Facebook who is coming from Ally Pally. I'm really looking forward to it too :) though I have a feeling I am going to be the worst skater there! :roll: I'd be interested to know how many people are going though - I don't think I'd have found out about it if I wasn't specifically looking out for this sort of camp.

What time is everyone arriving? My train gets into Sheffield about 3. Maybe we could all meet up before the welcome reception...?

Tiggerwoos
05-13-2007, 12:34 PM
No you won't be the worst skater there.............. it's for people from all levels and I'm sure we'll all be better, if not tired by the end of it. I've had my cheque cashed also, so hopefully we'll hear something in the next week or 2.

Sounds like a good idea about meeting up before the welcome. I'll be travelling down with Nicki as we live fairly near......... take it everyone is still staying at the ETAP?

LibraJen
05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
No you won't be the worst skater there.............. it's for people from all levels and I'm sure we'll all be better, if not tired by the end of it. I've had my cheque cashed also, so hopefully we'll hear something in the next week or 2.

Hopefully... on both counts! I am also really looking forward to the off-ice stuff as I haven't really done anything like that yet so I'll be interested to learn what I *should* be doing!

Sounds like a good idea about meeting up before the welcome. I'll be travelling down with Nicki as we live fairly near......... take it everyone is still staying at the ETAP?

Yes our room's all booked at Etap, maybe there will be like a lounge or some kind of communal area there where we can meet up when we get there.

Tiggerwoos
05-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Excellent.............. roll on 10th June! Would imagine there will be quite a few non-Skating Forum members that are attending the camp there, so will be great to meet other skaters.

CrystalIce
05-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Im getting really excited about it now!! Do you think we will all be put into different groups, you know 'dance ability' etc?
CrystalIce x

skatingdoris
05-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up again, as I got an email from them about it on wednesday and am inpatiently waiting for the schedule and groupings - it doesn't help that my exams have finished now so I have nothing else to occupy my mind!!!

We should definatly all meet up in the hotel beforehand.

wooo excited....

LibraJen
05-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Just thought I'd bump this up again, as I got an email from them about it on wednesday and am inpatiently waiting for the schedule and groupings - it doesn't help that my exams have finished now so I have nothing else to occupy my mind!!!

We should definatly all meet up in the hotel beforehand.

wooo excited....

Anyone else get the schedule in the mail today? Getting even more excited about it now! :D What time are people arriving on the Sunday?

Jen

CrystalIce
05-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, i got mine too!!! I can't wait to find out what groups we are all in! Its also good to know that the blade sharpening man is going to be there too, but im a bit reluctant to get them sharpened coz there will definitely be 'no stopping me'!!! I may get him to remove a couple of niks though!!
I should be arriving about 3pm ish at Etap.
Jo x

skatingdoris
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Okay go on then, what group is everyone in? i'm in silver, but if my skating today was anything to go by I need to be bumped off the end of the scale!! two major wipeouts and now three big bruises:frus:

since according to the latest information the reception isn't until half six, not five as was originally said I think i'll arrive at ETAP a bit later than I had planned, maybe half four five ish. Does anyone know what time the hotel check in is from?

Cesca.

NickiT
05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm in silver too! I'm coming up with Tiggerwoos so not sure what time we will be arriving.

Nicki

LibraJen
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
I am definitely in the wrong group as they put me in platinum but I should be bronze if not pre-bronze! 8O I have emailed them and they said I can change it on arrival and it won't be a problem - trying to remember what on earth I said on my application form that might have given the impression that I could do anything more advanced than a 3 jump... unless they thought by "3" I meant triple! :lol:

How will we recognise each other? I'm getting to the hotel about 3.30. No idea what time check-in is though. I'll check my confirmation email to see if it says anything.

Jen

Tiggerwoos
05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm in bronze........... Looks like it's going to be fun!

Tiggerwoos
05-31-2007, 05:17 PM
How will we recognise each other? I'm getting to the hotel about 3.30. No idea what time check-in is though. I'll check my confirmation email to see if it says anything.

Jen

You can recognise me from my Myspace link piccie, although that's a half decent pic and I wear glasses! Think check in time is usually around 2pm in most hotels but imagine Nicki and I will probably be there around the same time as you.

skatingdoris
05-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Checked the hotels website and it says that rooms are available from midday, so no worrys there.

Evelina
05-31-2007, 06:20 PM
I am in silver too! Seems to be a big group - should be a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to it :)

CrystalIce
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Im in bronze!! Can't wait to meet you guys! A week to go.....getting REALLY excited now!! x

Evelina
06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Is there a final time we're all meeting at the hotel then? I think a few of us were talking about meeting earlier then the time the evening event starts.

sceptique
06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I can be best recognized by a huge photo camera bag that is almost the size of my skating bag... :lol:
Don't know what time I will make it to Sheffield on Sunday, but I'm in Etap too. I'm in Bronze.
BTW, this camp is a present for my birthday which is today!

LibraJen
06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I can be best recognized by a huge photo camera bag that is almost the size of my skating bag... :lol:
Don't know what time I will make it to Sheffield on Sunday, but I'm in Etap too. I'm in Bronze.

Happy birthday! What a cool present! 8-)

Evelina
06-02-2007, 09:54 AM

Happy Birthday!!! hope you're haivng a brilliant day, you definitelly have the weather for it!

Tiggerwoos
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Is there a final time we're all meeting at the hotel then? I think a few of us were talking about meeting earlier then the time the evening event starts.

I think Nicki and I will be there around 4 ish........ if the M1 behaves itself anyway. Am I the only one who hasn't packed yet?!

Evelina
06-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I am not packed either! I am nursing a very sprained ankle - thank you change foot sit on a thursday morning! I had to spend about £100 on cabs and physio appointment last min. Have been doing anything and everything in my power to get it to recover so that I can get on the ice on monday. Fingers crossed!!!

Oh yes, also had to get a last minute train ticket just so that my ankle gets all the possible rest and hence no driving for me! *sigh*

NickiT
06-10-2007, 03:53 AM
I am not packed either! I am nursing a very sprained ankle - thank you change foot sit on a thursday morning! I had to spend about £100 on cabs and physio appointment last min. Have been doing anything and everything in my power to get it to recover so that I can get on the ice on monday. Fingers crossed!!!

Oh yes, also had to get a last minute train ticket just so that my ankle gets all the possible rest and hence no driving for me! *sigh*

Oh no! Hope the ankle improves dramatically. What a nuisance!

Anyway I'm all packed and ready to go! See you all there later.

Nicki

LibraJen
06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Anyone else aching as much as I am??? :lol:

Hope you all got home ok, it was really good to meet you all; hope you had as much fun as I did.

Jen

Tiggerwoos
06-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Yep.......... was in absolute agony today when I went to the rink this morning!

Was great to see you all. Had a brill time and hopefully there will be something like this again on a yearly basis.:)

NickiT
06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I was aching more yesterday but am pretty shattered! Had a total blast though - was great to meet up with you all and like Tigger says, hope they do something like this again and with longer ice sessions!

Nicki

Evelina
06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Well if we don't get an annual camp we can always organise our own one :)

It was really great to meet you guys - I hope to be seeing some of you on Sunday as my ankle is better - although still swollen and has issues bending forward it still has 2 days to sort itself out!!!

icetrix
06-17-2007, 03:04 AM
It's great to see so much excitement about the camp! I really wanted to go this year, but couldn't take any time off since I'm a teacher and it's exam time :( Could any of the people who went tell me what it was like? What did you learn? How many attended? etc I think there may be other skaters out there keen to get some feedback too!

LibraJen
06-17-2007, 03:19 AM
It's great to see so much excitement about the camp! I really wanted to go this year, but couldn't take any time off since I'm a teacher and it's exam time :( Could any of the people who went tell me what it was like? What did you learn? How many attended? etc I think there may be other skaters out there keen to get some feedback too!

I think it very much depended on what your level was as to how good it was - I really enjoyed it but I've only been skating for 6 months so I had a lot to learn! There were 40 in total and we were split into groups according to ability - I was in the bronze group, which was the biggest group by far - each ability was then split into dance and free, and there was quite an uneven spread in our group so I switched to dance on the second day as there were only 7 in that group and they then split us into those who knew the dances and those who didn't so we were 4 and 3 which was amazing! I think the biggest complaint was that there wasn't enough ice time and that the off ice training wasn't as good as it could have been but I was aching quite enough from what we did! Also the groupings were based on what we'd said on our application forms and a few people weren't happy with their groupings. The coaches were fantastic though, and there were a lot of really nice people. I would definitely go back again though if they do it again next year.

Evelina
06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Well I had some torn tendons in my ankle so did very little. But the groups were a mess, there were people in every group clearly below the required level and sometimes above. The coaching was great in my opinion as were the fascilities, but there was far too little ice time and very little off ice training. I personally skate more at home then I did at camp. I think if they sorted out the groups properly and gave us more time on ice (even the coaches said it was not enough) it would be great.

Overall, I found that the very beginners found it was great (by that I mean people landing 2-3 jumps), those of us who have a few more jumps under our belt were frustrated a lot with the lack of training time both on and off ice; there were no jump classes, no ballet, no stretch classes no pilates. It felt a bit more like a holiday then a training camp to me and I know a few people felt the same way. Don't think I will be going back next year - not unless they make a few changes - although I did make some great friends and we're hoping to maybe go to one of the american camps next year :)