View Full Version : Artistry in Motion

jskater49
02-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I passed my Learn to Skate Artistry in Motion 3 class today - not exactly an "official" test though. Really if anyone has a chance to take this class...I just love it and it is geared toward any level of skating...this past class there were two adults, two little basic skills level girls and a girl who skates at prelim. We just apply the concepts to our level of skating.

The emphasis of AIM 3 is Jazz (AIM 2 is classical music) and our final was and interpretive excercize to listen to music and then make up a little program incorporating two jumps, two spins, edgework and connecting footsteps and showing the character of the music. All in a 40 minute class time and about 3 feet of ice

AIM 4 the goal is to choreograph a program to music of your choice and I think I'm going to make that my artistic.

I love this class so much when I'm done with AIM 4 I'm taking them all over again -- I could still learn more from them and the instructor said it was fine with her.

and learn to skate is a pretty cheap way to get ice time and instruction

J

Hannah
02-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I'd love to take a class like this sometime in the future. Right now though, I feel like I'm not stable enough on 90% of the moves I can do to be "artistic" with them- I've got to keep my arms and body and shoulders etc. just so or I tip over. Someday though... :halo:

xofivebyfive
02-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I've been trying to find a rink in NJ that offers this class, because I think I would really enjoy it, but no such luck as of yet.

jskater49
02-18-2007, 07:41 AM
I've been trying to find a rink in NJ that offers this class, because I think I would really enjoy it, but no such luck as of yet.

Can you talk to the skating director and ask them to think about offering it?

I think it is to their benefit because although the class can be adjusted for lower level skaters, it's best for the high level skaters that might decide they are beyond the basics so it would keep some students around.

j

Team Arthritis
02-19-2007, 08:31 AM
That sounds like so much fun! One of our newer coaches and his wife are still skating shows a couple of times a year and they are ALL about the artistry and expression. I love taking edge class with them and Somhow it seems that after trying to do a hard move with a little grace, it gets easier??!!
Lyle