View Full Version : Dance (Field) Moves

icedancer2
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm wondering if those of you "across the Pond" (Great Britainers) have any references to the "Dance Moves" that you test -- how similar are they to the "Moves in the Field" that we do here in the US that are required for both competitive dancers and single skaters. I've been thinking that we may need to incorporate something like these Dance Moves into our test structure (just to make it all a little more complex:P ). Or at least know what they are so we can practice them...

How about it, guys?

Mrs Redboots
02-15-2007, 01:05 PM
They no longer exist - we now have what's called Skating Moves, which are for skaters doing both disciplines.

The Dance Moves were very similar to our Field Moves - which are similar to yours, but not identical. But dancers only had to do two moves per test, whereas Field Moves were six moves. Now they've been standardised at four Moves per test, and they are far from easy!

Some will be the same as yours - in the new Level 3 test we have to do an exercise that I'm pretty sure is identical to the 3s in the Field on one of your Moves test - you do a FI 3, hold it to the axis, change feet and do a BO 3 and hold back to the line, and repeat, which takes you to the centre line of the rink*, then you change feet. Then going down the other side, it's an FO 3 followed by a BI 3 on the other foot.

Others will be different, not harder or easier, particularly, just different!

*well, it does if you can do the move! I need about ten repeats to get out of the hockey circle!