View Full Version : Adult Easterns Roommate wanted...

mskater
02-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi All,

Just checking to see if anyone out there would like a roommate to split the hotel costs (2-ways, 3-ways, etc.:]). If anyone is interested drop me a wee line...

-Cheers:]

Stormy
02-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Awww, I wish I had more room at my place! I'd be more than happy to have you stay!

mskater is an awesome roomie, I can vouch for that!

mskater
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the nods Stormy:] I really am a good roommate - nice and quiet, just read a book and put myself to bed (even in a cot if need be - inside joke between Stormy and Vesperholly)

Kelton and I were going to room but he has a nagging injury that might keep him at home (((hopefully not))). So I'm just checking to see if anyone might want a roomy, last minute sort of thing:]

-Chad

NoVa Sk8r
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Glad to hear you're going to Easterns--see ya there!

(And speedy healing vibes to K'!)

mskater
02-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Just a wee bump to get me back to the top:]

NoVa and I were wondering if you can get a train from the airport in Boston to the rink - anyone know? Was talking on the phone earlier at work with a lady from that area and she said it's called the MBTA??

NoVa Sk8r
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I was thinking from the airport, take the silver line on the T to South Station, switch to the red line in the direction of Alewife, transferring at the Porter station to MBTA (the commuter rail service) to Fitchburg, and exiting at South Acton or Littleton. I hope that works.

Isk8NYC
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Sounds like the Boston transit system. Last time I went to Boston, I took Amtrack and the MBTA. You might want to PM Schmeck since she lives in Massachusetts and probably knows.

Just a wee bump to get me back to the top:]

NoVa and I were wondering if you can get a train from the airport in Boston to the rink - anyone know? Was talking on the phone earlier at work with a lady from that area and she said it's called the MBTA??

Stormy
02-16-2007, 06:12 PM
NoVA...trust me, that's a GINORMOUS pain in the tookus. Not to mention it would take FOREVER. PM me what time you're coming and and I will get you at Logan if I can. You too, mskater. You guys aren't renting cars? How were you going to get back and froth from the rink? Is Colonial having a shuttle to/from the rink?

NoVa, if you did do the commuter line to Littleton or South Acton, were you going to get a cab from there? The rink isn't on any public transit lines. The MBTA, or the "T" as we call it, isn't really any good if you're as far outside Boston as Acton/Boxborough is.

Anyone going to Easterns, PM me with ANY questions. I've lived in MA my whole life and skate at that rink somewhat often.

NoVa Sk8r
02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
A coworker lives in Boston and suggested that route.
I had thought that would be a pain, but she strongly urged me not to drive!

lovepairs
02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Stormy,

Can you tell me how low the Disco Ball hangs in the competitions rink? Do you think Pair Teams will be able to clear it with overheads, or should we request that they take it down for the competition?

Stormy
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I didnt even remember there being a disco ball until you mentioned it. If it is there, it won't be a problem. The ceilings are high enough, even in Rink 3. The World Junior Pair champs train there and if they don't hit it, I think you guys will be ok! :)

NoVa, I mean, it's do-able, but to go all that way toting your luggage really would be a pain. I can pick you up, it's not a problem! :)

Debbie S
02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
The MBTA, or the "T" as we call it, isn't really any good if you're as far outside Boston as Acton/Boxborough is. Having attended college in a Boston suburb (and had my car there my senior year), I can confirm what Stormy says. Your co-worker is right, NoVa, in that driving in the Boston area is a pain in the you-know-where. Unfortunately, unless your hotel is within walking distance or there's a shuttle provided by the LOC, a car is really the only form of transportation you can use. Acton is about halfway between Boston and New Hampshire - way out in the 'burbs.

For NoVa and mskater, I recommend you guys take Stormy up on her offer of a ride from Logan. :) For anyone else, if you're flying into Logan and renting a car, make sure you get clear directions from the rental car co. Get Mapquest or Yahoo directions too, to have a backup. If you get someone at the rental car place that tells you they're not sure about how to get to the highway from the airport b/c they always take the T, ask for someone else. I think, essentially, you take the Ted Williams Tunnel from the airport (when I was in college there was a different tunnel), connect to the Mass Pike (possibly via the underground highway formerly known as The Big Dig), and take that out to 495 - but get directions!

And if you want to go to Boston to sightsee or hang out, I suggest you drive to an outlying T station, park, and then take the T into the city. Do not drive in Boston - the streets are very difficut to navigate and the signage is terrible. I got lost on multiple occasions when I tried to drive in the city (and this was before the construction started).

lovepairs
02-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Thanks, Stormy!