View Full Version : First test next thursday!!!

Skatinglover
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I restarted to skate in october ans started dance about 5 weeks ago... I have my first test for the dutch waltz on thursday the 21st... I'm stressed out... somebody have any advice to give me...
thx

icedancer2
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
NO advice per se, but have fun. Testing dance is fun!!!

Remember, it is an encouragement test (at least it is here in the U.S.) You will be fine.

Morgail
02-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Good luck!! My only advice would be to try to sneak in a little time to warm up earlier in the day (if it's possible). I found that 45 minutes on a public session really calmed my nerves before I took my first tests.

singerskates
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I restarted to skate in october ans started dance about 5 weeks ago... I have my first test for the dutch waltz on thursday the 21st... I'm stressed out... somebody have any advice to give me...
thx

Get a copy of the Dutch Waltz music and listen for the beats in the music. Practice moving to it off ice. Relax, you already know the steps. Pretend that you're just dancing the dance for yourself. If you like people to watch and do shows, pretend you're doing the dance as part of an ice show. Take your skate guards off before stepping on to the ice.

Have fun!

Mrs Redboots
02-14-2007, 05:53 AM
Relax and enjoy it! A lot of people have tests next week, especially here in the UK where it is almost the last week possible to test the current Dance and Field Moves (the system has now changed and we have just one set of Skating Moves to apply to both disciplines), and some of the compulsory dances are being shuffled, too.

Isk8NYC
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Just FYI: Next Thursday is not the 21st, it's the 22nd.

Sending you good test vibes!