View Full Version : Adult or Masters?

Mrs Redboots
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm asking this on behalf of a friend of mine who is going to the Mountain Cup and Estonia this year.

She's in her late 20s and, these days, focusses on dance as her free skating career came to a premature end when she displaced a small bone in her foot. She has tested through level 8 in Free Skating (probably higher than Adult Gold, but am not sure) and I think the same in Dance, and is going to do Gold solo dance at both events.

She also plans to do Interpretive, and her question is, should she enter at the Masters or Adult level?

flo
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Probably masters - isn't there a chart with the application to give equivalent levels? Piret would know for Estonia, although there it would probably depend on number of entries as well.

phoenix
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I think Masters too. I don't know for other countries, but for the US if you've passed just one silver dance you have to skate Masters for Interp.

coskater64
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
You have competitive tests in Nisa don't you Annabel? I would imagine she would skate Masters especially if she has 3+ solid doubles. Her moves don't affect her FS level it's what FS tests she has passed. I think there is a chart on the MC form or she could just contact Barbara Standke.

Mrs Redboots
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
The chart, for some reason, never gives the NISA equivalents (probably because we have so many more tests than other countries!). I will tell her that it should be Masters, then.

Thanks.

doubletoe
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
The U.S. skaters must skate Masters Interpretive if they have passed the Adult Gold freestyle test, and the most difficult jump on that test is an axel. So I would venture to say Masters Interpretive.

techskater
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
If she's doing Gold dance, she should be doing Masters Interp. In the US, the cut off is must have passed one Silver dance to do Masters Interp

Mrs Redboots
02-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks - I've let her know!