View Full Version : Good Luck NCSkater02!

Isk8NYC
02-10-2007, 07:18 AM
NCSkater02 is taking the Adult Pre-Bronze MITF test today.

Hope all goes well and you pass with flying colors!

Terri C
02-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Good luck- you can do it!!!

DallasSkater
02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Good luck! Post about it when you get a chance...as I will be doing this test soon! Always appreciate hearing about the experiences!

Icesparx
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
good luck to you NCskater02! :)

NCSkater02
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I got a retry. The judge checked (I guess those are the ones I passed)
CCW stoking "stiff knees, toe pick catching f strokes"
CW stroking "push xover end more to side good extension"
FO edges "very good lobes and edges"
FI edges "Very nice lobes and edges excellent"
BO edges "small lobes, stroke 2foot"
waltz8 ( I was worrried about this) "3's ok circle edges ok, mohawks slt scratchy, control/speed maintained"

Not checked (retry)
BI edges (worried about this, too) "problems stroke, edges slow"
F crossovers " stiff knees, need push down into ice for power"
B crossovers "cautious, scratchy on toes"
3turn pattern (this is the one that I was most worried about) "problems holding 3's LFI touching foot down very scratchy, on toes 3xtd. also RFI wide step (something I can't decipher) retry still touchdowns (just once) axis on"

I just spent the last couple of weeks relearning the 3turn pattern. You'd think I'd do better on it. One problem is that I keep my free foot real close to the ice on the LFI, so it will easily touch the ice.

I did ok until I put my skates on, then I got antsy. I started shaking when I was doing my warm up, but was fine once the test started. I did pause and take a DEEP breath right before the back inside edges.:lol:

Oh well, live and learn. The next test session is March 10. Don't know if I will try it then or wait until the next session. I'm just so sick of moves right now. I'm even looking forward to the spinning my coach threatened for Monday.

Debbie S
02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry, NCSkater. But at least now you've got some good feedback and know what to work on so that you can pass next time. The first time testing is always the worst - you'll probably be less nervous the next time, knowing what to expect.

Yes, watch the free foot on the 3-turns. Make sure the toe of your free foot stays next to the ankle of your skating foot and doesn't drop near your blade.

skaternum
02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't pass. :cry: Sounds like you've got a good base to work from, and the judge had some very positive things to say. I'm sure you'll get it next time!

Morgail
02-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh, I'm sorry you didn't pass. That has to be frustrating. The 3-turn pattern is so hard to get right, and I think BI edges are just evil. At least the judges gave you some good feedback so you know what you need to work on.
(For the "RFI - wide step" comment - my coach would say to do the mohawk under your hips, not away from them. I've heard that so many times as I tend to step wide too.)

Mrs Redboots
02-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Sounds like you were close - see what your coach says about having another go in March. But leave the things alone for at least a week, and ask your coach if you can do things that are fun in your next lesson!

Isk8NYC
02-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Awww, I'm sorry.
I was so hoping you'd pass with ease. Enjoy your spinning.

jazzpants
02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Awwww... MAN!!! :cry: I'm sorry! But as Mrs. Redboots says, you're getting close and you have the test experience under your belt and the comments needed to work on stuff and pass the next time.

Wide-stepping is common. Yours truly have done that and it took a while to finally learn to keep the foot under the hip before stepping. And the funny part is that it's actually EASIER to do the footwork then b/c you have more control of your weight into the step.

I seriously think you should try for March but also do some spinning so you'll have some fun too!!! (But do it towards the end of your lesson just in case you do get too dizzy for moves. :P :lol: )

Petlover
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry you did not pass, but congratulations on the good comments the judges gave you for the things you did well!