View Full Version : The AN freakout thread......

phoenix
02-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Okay, we're at 9 weeks out.....anyone else getting ready to start panicking??

I'd planned this to just be an "experience", not really worrying about being competitive....but now as it turns out this will be my one & only time to skate this new program since Lake Placid changed the solo OD rhythm. So now I care a little more about making this a really good skate.

AND, I decided to test my Killian in March, so most of my energy is focused on that, while my waltz remains un-polished & fairly shakey in parts. I have yet to actually put on the music & do a complete run-through. Yikes!! 8O

manleywoman
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Don't panic. Breathe deeply. Remember that you do this for fun!

TreSk8sAZ
02-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Don't worry, Phoenix, you aren't the only one panicking! New skates, a resulting injury (which still isn't healed) and money issues have put me so far behind in my training schedule! I'm worried that my new freeskate just won't come together by then. Of course, that's IF I don't have to withdraw anyway because of money issues. :giveup: It seems like I'm worried way earlier this year than I was last year! But, like manley said, it's all for fun!

Rusty Blades
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Panic? Who's panicking? (Our Nationals are in less than 7 weeks.)

Who's panicking? :??

Who's panicking? :roll:

Who's panicking? :P

Who's panicking? :lol:

Who's panicking?:oops:

Who's panicking? :(

Not me! I am cool as a cucumber . . . . cucumber . . . . cucumber . . . . cucumber . . . . pickle? 8O Pickled? (Might help.) 8-)

And the entry forms aren't even out yet!

techskater
02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Pickled? (Might help.) 8-)

I can definitely suggest that that is NOT the way to go before skating. After, well....:halo:

lovepairs
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
We're definitely not only doing this just for fun. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--"fun" can be had in much less expensive ways, such as going to the movies, or playing with the dog. Something else is going on here that has much more meaning for all of us. So, yes, Phoenix, I understand your "panic." You just have to figure out, or understand, what exactly is on the line here for you (personally) so, that you can harness the "panic," and make it work for you.

I know this isn't a popular centiment, but I really believe that something other than just "fun" is the underpinning for Adult Skaters. Of course, it's fun to do. I think practicing is a lot of fun, but my main reason for doing it (huge financial investment) is not just for "fun."

Raye
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
What me panic????8O

Dianne, I'm with you...... pass the 'pickle'

Rusty Blades
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Dianne, I'm with you...... pass the 'pickle'

See you at Nationals Raye! I'll bring a bottle of pickle for when the skating is over 8-)

I quit drinking when I was 25 but I think I might fall off the wagon the last night of C.A.N. :twisted:

Oh yes, lovepairs - I totally agree with you! I think skating is a narcotic for "Type A Personalities"

TimDavidSkate
02-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Im calmly freakin out :halo:

I have been looking forward to this ever since I missed AN last year. Really looking forward to it. I love the pressure of trying to deliver a good performance. Two performances so far has been a wake up call and it really puts a good type of pressure for me to skate clean at Nationals.

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/img/meditate_bp400.jpg

lovepairs
02-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi Tim David,

Exactly! Love the picture!

TimDavidSkate
02-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi Tim David,

Exactly! Love the picture!

flo
02-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Looking forward to it! When I first started competing it was nervous anticipation before nats, then intense excitement, but always and definitely for the joy of skating.

Also I spoke with DJ Tindall, who hosted the first Nats at Wilmington. She sends her best wishes to all!

Mrs Redboots
02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
See you at Nationals Raye! I'll bring a bottle of pickle for when the skating is over 8-) Be warned, you'll have a gooooooood time, especially if you can offer Raye a Jacuzzi when you're at it!

Our Adult Championships happen in October, so our season kicks off with the various European competitions. This year, we are starting really early, in March, with the Coupe de France, a new adult competition in Le Havre, but aren't expecting much as we really aren't going to be ready.

badaxel
02-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not ready to panic over AN yet. I'm still freaking out over Sectionals!!! After that, I plan on panicking over flying and traveling alone. (Unless anyone needs a travel buddy?) This is my first AN, so I'm not sure if the fear of the unknown makes it worse, or if it's better because I'm naive. Okay, now I'm starting to panic! Maybe I should look at the picture that was posted earlier!

flo
02-07-2007, 11:32 AM
One of the nicest things that have been at quite a few of the nationals was a "quiet" warm up room. A nice place to go to get away from the noise and such. One year we were assigned to locker rooms by state. If it ever happens like that again - The southern and central states were the most peaceful!

jazzpants
02-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm not ready to panic over AN yet. I'm still freaking out over Sectionals!!! After that, I plan on panicking over flying and traveling alone. (Unless anyone needs a travel buddy?) This is my first AN, so I'm not sure if the fear of the unknown makes it worse, or if it's better because I'm naive. Okay, now I'm starting to panic! Maybe I should look at the picture that was posted earlier!Ahhhhh.. geez!!! I'm not going this year! :cry: Maybe next AN if you're traveling alone, maybe Terri and I will shanghai you along on the trip. (And if it's at Lake Placid, I'll need a lift from the airport and back.)

"AAAAH FREAK OUT!!! Le Freak, C'est Chic!!! FREAK OUT!!!..." (Okay, any of you that remembers when this came out knows I'm really showing my age.) 8O

lovepairs
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi Bad,

I flew to Japan all by myself. Everyone told me that they speak English in Japan before I left. When I arrived at Nagita (?) Airport in Tokyo, there was a piece of cardboard nailed to a post, and handscrolled on it in black sharpe marker was an arrow with the word "foreigner." That was the last I saw English for the next month!

If I can do it, you can do it! Flying alone is a lot easier and more enjoyable then you think...don't panic over that...I promise, you'll like it! Where are you flying out of?

Lovepairs

Hi TimDavid...I wanted to say hi to you at Ashburn, but everytime I saw you, you were surrounded by your fan club signing autographs. ;)

PattyP
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
"AAAAH FREAK OUT!!! Le Freak, C'est Chic!!! FREAK OUT!!!..." (Okay, any of you that remembers when this came out knows I'm really showing my age.) 8O

Oh thanks a lot....now I've got that stupid song stuck in my head! :twisted:

Me..freak out??

My new skates just came in. Do I attempt to break them in now or wait? AN is fine, but PCAS is pretty close.

My seamstress got sick and cannot work for a few months. 8O The good news is that she is going to be okay, the bad news I have no dresses for the season. Looks like I'm going to get one more year out of my blue dress :roll: 4 years and 3 different programs. That's got to be a record! :lol: Hopefully I can get a dress made for my interp...

My axel is still here one day and gone the next and doubles...don't ask. :giveup:

Other than that...all is good! I have a plane ticket and a hotel reservation and I can't wait!!

daisies
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm very excited for AN. I have family in Chicago, but I have never been there! My mom has already informed the family members that I will be there, and the family members have already contacted me and want to make plans for dinner, etc. I'm like, um, I don't know what my schedule is yet! I've made it clear, though, that they have to work around me. This ain't no family reunion, I'm there to skate! (Oh, and shop!) :lol:

manleywoman
02-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm there to skate! (Oh, and shop!) :lol:

Just as an FYI, the Chicago sales tax is VERY high (if memory serves, 8.75%). So save yourself the tax by having everything shipped home. My parents do that every time they visit, and I ship some christmas gifts there for the same reason.

daisies
02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Just as an FYI, the Chicago sales tax is VERY high (if memory serves, 8.75%). So save yourself the tax by having everything shipped home. My parents do that every time they visit, and I ship some christmas gifts there for the same reason.

But then don't you have to pay for shipping? Sales tax in L.A. is 8.25%, btw.

Stormy
02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I haven't even THOUGHT about Nats yet! Just trying to get through Sectionals first. I'm qualifying or anything, but I want to have a REALLY good skate as it's in my state and a lot of friends/family AND COACH will be there. I've had the same coach for years and she's never been with me at a comp. I think that is freaking me out more than anything.

Hannahclear
02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Good luck to everyone going! I can't wait for next year.

Have they announced 08 yet, btw?

Isk8NYC
02-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh thanks a lot....now I've got that stupid song stuck in my head! :twisted:Jazzpants does that to a lot of people. I had the "Mr. Ed" theme song stuck there for hours in heavy traffic.

I think you're all feeling perfectly normal. Sit down and think about where you were a year ago, skatingwise. You've all grown and improved, and I'm sure you'll all do well.

*Goes to look for those old records -- yep, still have some vinyl laying around.*

manleywoman
02-07-2007, 07:32 PM
But then don't you have to pay for shipping? Sales tax in L.A. is 8.25%, btw.

Sometimes shipping is less than the tax depending on what youre buying. But if you're used to that high a tax, then no worries!

jazzpants
02-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Jazzpants does that to a lot of people. I had the "Mr. Ed" theme song stuck there for hours in heavy traffic.

All I can say is.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/frech/a055.gif

As for shopping: Depending on the places, I typically have been know to go shopping and try out clothes. I note the place, the item that I want to get, what color, what size and the price. If I have a lower sales tax rate than the place I'm visiting, chances are good that I'll save by shopping online. And sometimes the online shops just go with whatever sales taxes rates they have (or do away with sales tax altogether...)

The other thing to note is the hassle factor. Me personally, I'd rather just have stuff shipped home rather than having to lug it around all that stuff in a suitcase. Spending about $20 on shipping is well worth whatever cost I pay and aggravation to go to my chiro or doctor and not sprain my back! :P

phoenix
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Thought I should let people know to bring plenty of change for tolls if you're renting a car......

SkatingOnClouds
02-08-2007, 02:00 AM
We're definitely not only doing this just for fun. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--"fun" can be had in much less expensive ways, such as going to the movies, or playing with the dog. Something else is going on here that has much more meaning for all of us. So, yes, Phoenix, I understand your "panic." You just have to figure out, or understand, what exactly is on the line here for you (personally) so, that you can harness the "panic," and make it work for you.

I know this isn't a popular centiment, but I really believe that something other than just "fun" is the underpinning for Adult Skaters. Of course, it's fun to do. I think practicing is a lot of fun, but my main reason for doing it (huge financial investment) is not just for "fun."

I totally agree withour sentiment. There is a lot more to it for me than fun. Sure I am never going to the Olympics or even a high level Adult comp, and I will struggle to pass standard tests. But I am a serious skater, and I work as hard as any kid at our rink to improve.

When adults perform in public we are putting ourselves on the line, revealing ourselves in a way we wouldn't normally do. This is confronting in itself, quite aside from the judges' score.

Fun? Sure, but way more than that.

lovepairs
02-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Hi SkatingOnClouds,

I'm so pleased to hear that someone finally feels the same way I do. Usually, when I say that on these threads, I really get slammed for it. I just feel that if your "write it off" as "oh, well, I just do this for fun anyway," then you miss a really good opportunity to improve your skating through some serious self reflection. I also find that taking a more serious look at what you are doing can, indeed, help you plan a very good strategy to deal with the nerves, ect. The problem with saying "oh, well...just for fun" is that you open the wide door for just anything to walk in and throw you off your game.

Watching "Amercian Idol" tryouts can really help with this whole thing, because you know how it feels so good to skate, and then you see yourself on video tape and you're totally devasted by what it looks like (in degrees, of course.) With the majority of people who audition for American Idol, there seems to be this huge gap between how they think they sound, and how they really sound (often off pitch, ect.) So, I've come up with this theory about it all, and am trying to really understand what the "Politics of Humiliation" is all about. My theory is that we are all born with desire; meaning a desire to do something well, achieve something, express ourselves...however, very very few of us are born with native talent, or what some call a "gift" with which to express this desire. I'm beginning to believe that there is something in the space in between (what if feels like, and what it looks like) where we can move what it looks like closer to what it feels like. I think this something in between is the power to replace delusion with self reflection. This is why I become some crazy when I hear people say "it's just for fun (the underlying centiment being that "don't take it too seriously, because it's really only for "fun.") I think if you write it off for "fun only" then you miss a really good opportunity to take a look at what you are doing and really improve. I also think that "competition time" really underscores the moment when delusion and reality sort of collide, which is why every one goes into a panic (to one degree, or another.) At this moment, slowing everything down, takinig a serious look at where you are at the moment with what you are doing, and having an emotional and mental plan for why, when, where, and how, you are putting it "out there" can really help control the nerves/panic.

Oh, Phoenix,

The George Bush Highway in Dallas, Tx. has tolls every 5 feet. Pairsman2 and I thought we were going to go to jail as we were running out of change trying to get to the practice rink last year at Nationals!

Mrs Redboots
02-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Hi SkatingOnClouds,

I'm so pleased to hear that someone finally feels the same way I do. Usually, when I say that on these threads, I really get slammed for it. I just feel that if your "write it off" as "oh, well, I just do this for fun anyway," then you miss a really good opportunity to improve your skating through some serious self reflection. I also find that taking a more serious look at what you are doing can, indeed, help you plan a very good strategy to deal with the nerves, ect. The problem with saying "oh, well...just for fun" is that you open the wide door for just anything to walk in and throw you off your game.

Doesn't it depend, though, on your definition of "fun". I wouldn't say I skate for fun - I skate because skating, and competing is fun. Sure, at my level, as the Husband says, "it's only a game", but we still train hard (and he is still impossibly competitive, far more than I am, he just pretends he isn't!) and get up much earlier than we need to go to the rink, and so on.

But that doesn't mean it isn't fun! We wouldn't do it if it weren't.

Hannahclear
02-08-2007, 06:13 AM
With all due respect, it's really not your call to judge how others assess their progress in skating. We should all do what works for us.

I wouldn't skate if it didn't bring me great joy, ie fun. Yeah, there are cheaper ways to have fun, but none like skating, IMO.

Mel On Ice
02-08-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm not freaking out about AN... DBNAI on the other hand... 8O

flo
02-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Hannahclear :bow: You've got it!

Patty - your blue dress always looks great. I painted mine last night, and it's begining to look like the sketch.

I love Mr. Ed. I also have a dutch door!

PattyP
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Patty - your blue dress always looks great. I painted mine last night, and it's begining to look like the sketch.

Thanks flo! It's a good thing that I like it too ;)

I'm glad your's is coming together as you envisioned it!

On the other topic, I think it's all about balance. We need to be serious enough to train properly, but if it's not fun in the end.....what's the point? So everyone is right! ;)

Who's going to drink wine in the parking lot with me this year after the events??

daisies
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
The George Bush Highway in Dallas, Tx. has tolls every 5 feet.
Why doesn't that surprise me? LOL!

This topic of "fun" is very interesting. I like to say I skate for "pride." It is more than fun, because I spend a lot of time training to be the best I can be and it's frustrating when things go wrong, etc. But I hope not to cross the line where I take it soooo seriously that it comes off as just ridiculous. As someone pointed out upthread, none of us is going to the Olympics or getting endorsements. So if I have a bad skate, yeah, it's upsetting and frustrating, but have I really lost anything? No. I just try to do better the next time.

doubletoe
02-08-2007, 01:13 PM

Me..freak out??

My new skates just came in. Do I attempt to break them in now or wait? AN is fine, but PCAS is pretty close.

My seamstress got sick and cannot work for a few months. 8O The good news is that she is going to be okay, the bad news I have no dresses for the season. Looks like I'm going to get one more year out of my blue dress :roll: 4 years and 3 different programs. That's got to be a record! :lol: Hopefully I can get a dress made for my interp...

My axel is still here one day and gone the next and doubles...don't ask. :giveup:

Other than that...all is good! I have a plane ticket and a hotel reservation and I can't wait!!

Patty,
If you are interested in trying another seamstress, I can recommend mine (although she's at Pickwick) and Michelle L. recently got a dress made by someone down in OC. But otherwise, I agree, that blue dress does look great on you, and it should be just fine with your new music, too. :)

Oh, just out of curiosity, what color and style were you thinking of for your new program? :D

doubletoe
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I totally agree withour sentiment. There is a lot more to it for me than fun. Sure I am never going to the Olympics or even a high level Adult comp, and I will struggle to pass standard tests. But I am a serious skater, and I work as hard as any kid at our rink to improve.

When adults perform in public we are putting ourselves on the line, revealing ourselves in a way we wouldn't normally do. This is confronting in itself, quite aside from the judges' score.

Fun? Sure, but way more than that.

I think it's impossible to give one reason for skating that applies to every skater because we are all motivated by such different things. For me (and I would venture to say this also sounds true for LovesPairs), the motivation is that sense of achievement and pride we feel when we conquer a difficult challenge. For others, it is the energy they get when performing for an appreciative audience. And there could be 100 other reasons as well.
I didn't realize how true this was until a fellow adult skater and I were teaching a 5-year old how to skate, and we were both telling her to look up instead of looking down at the ice. I said, "You need to look up so that you don't run into anyone." But my friend got dreamy-eyed and said with a big grin, "No, you look up because that's where the AUDIENCE is!"
For me, the best way to conquer the thought of doing poorly at a competition is to remind myself that skating progress is just like the stock market. You can't look at a snapshot of where it is on any single day and really understand if it's going up or down; you need to look at the trend over a few years to see that value is steadily increasing. A competition doesn't determine whether you're a good skater or a lousy skater; it's just your closing price on one day, or if you prefer, a single snapshot at one point in time. And the more competitions you do, the more likely you'll end up with a few "snapshots" that look really good!

sk8er1964
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Who's going to drink wine in the parking lot with me this year after the events??

Me, me, me! I'll even BYOB this time :lol:

flo
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
We'll find an outlet for the blender!

Rusty Blades
02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
My competition outfit is on its way to me for a trial run, I have my entry filled out. Tomorrow I'll have my coach check my entry (to be sure it is complete and correct) and then send it off tomorrow after skating. Then I am ENTITLED to start freaking out officially! 8O

PattyP
02-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Me, me, me! I'll even BYOB this time :lol:

LOL! There you are! I figured I would draw you out with that comment.

flo, someone needs to rent a car with a built in generator for that blender...or maybe we can find one that runs on 12V! :D

PattyP
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Patty,
If you are interested in trying another seamstress, I can recommend mine (although she's at Pickwick) and Michelle L. recently got a dress made by someone down in OC. But otherwise, I agree, that blue dress does look great on you, and it should be just fine with your new music, too. :)

Oh, just out of curiosity, what color and style were you thinking of for your new program? :D

I did find someone near me, Pickwick is too far with LA traffic.

I can't tell you that...I would give it away! My interp needs to be a suprise..haha. You'll probably see it on Sunday.

techskater
02-08-2007, 06:20 PM
LOL! There you are! I figured I would draw you out with that comment.

flo, someone needs to rent a car with a built in generator for that blender...or maybe we can find one that runs on 12V! :D

If someone has a converter, you can use my SUV to run the blender. But only if I get one...

lovepairs
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Clearly, a few of you out there know what I'm talking about and can appreciate what it means to have a serious pursuit of something whether it be needlepoint, writing, music, singing, skating ect..., even if the end product is not going to the Olympics, or showing your artwork at the Metropolitan, or singing at the Carnegie.

For those of you who just think it's just for "fun," then there is no need to feel nerveous before a competition, because after all it's just for "fun," and we're not going to the Olympics, so nothing means anything, so why have a nervous feeling about it. Okay, it's just for "fun" no need to feel nervous=problem solved!

daisies
02-08-2007, 07:35 PM
For those of you who just think it's just for "fun," then there is no need to feel nerveous before a competition, because after all it's just for "fun," and we're not going to the Olympics, so nothing means anything, so why have a nervous feeling about it.
I don't think it's that black and white. Just because something is "for fun" doesn't mean you don't want to do well, and that's where the nerves usually come in. Or maybe you have friends there to watch you, and that makes you nervous. Or maybe you just have anxiety performing in front of people, and that makes you nervous.

I wouldn't say, though, that just because someone does it "for fun" that "nothing means anything."

I don't know about anyone else, but I have seen some people at AN take things way too seriously for my taste. Throwing things when they have a bad skate, being rude on the ice on practices.... To me, that is over the top and unwarranted given the circumstances. When I see that behavior, I am sad for that person because I don't think that person is having any fun and, quite frankly, I think that person needs a reality check. But, hey, who am I to judge? If that person is OK with it, right on.

manleywoman
02-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Right on, Daisies.

skaternum
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I think the key here is how we define "fun." Not everyone defines it the same way. And there are varying degrees of funness. You can't corner the market on defining fun.

Skating just for the fun of it doesn't make me any less of a skater. I think I'm a decent skater. Heck, I've kicked the butts of people who take it far more seriously. In fact, I think if some people lightened up a little, they'd actually be happier on the ice.

I'm one of the "do it for fun" people. Skating is a hobby. I'm never going to get paid for it; I'm never going to be famous for it; I'm never going to be on TV. But I enjoy the challenge, so I put a little effort into it. I'll get up and go to the rink when my husband is still sleeping, and I'll spend $500 for a new pair of boots. And yet ... I'm doing it just for fun. Because that's what it is to me ... fun. Plain and simple. I enjoy the activity and the exercise, and I love to perform. I don't define myself by my skating, and I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if I have a bad competition. I'm not looking for some deep motivation for why I skate or what it means to my soul, and I'm not trying to analyze the connection between me and my partner. I'm just having fun learning new things and trying to pull off a program without looking like a baby moose on the ice!

Mrs Redboots
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
But, lovepairs - if it's not fun, why do it? This may be a different nuance in our respective uses of the English language, but for me, when you are doing something you enjoy, you have fun. This doesn't necessarily mean that you don't take it seriously.

I'm a preacher - I really enjoy preaching and putting services together and finding the appropriate prayers to use. That's fun - but that doesn't for one second mean I don't take it seriously! And it can be very hard work indeed writing my sermons, just as training for a skating competition can be very hard work. That part sometimes isn't fun. But overall, I enjoy it enormously.

Which is one reason why I do it, and certainly why I skate! I enjoy it. It's fun. But I still take it seriously.

Rusty Blades
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok, enough talk of "taking it seriously"! Sent my (Canadian) Nationals entry in this morning so now I am officially entitled to FREAK OUT! The best thing that could happen for my skating in the next six weeks is for me to relax into my program, ham it up, and START HAVING FUN! Forget about the fact that I have been bustin' my britches for the past year to get here and just live in the moment . . . well, ok, the 2:34 moments!

phoenix
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
That's right!! If you're not here to Freak Out, take the discussion elsewhere!! :twisted:

Coach asked to see my program for the first time today (he didn't choreograph it)....I'd been hoping for a little more time to work on it--oh well. So on went the music, for the first time :!: , and I managed to stumble through it. At least he could see what it will become eventually. I got the comment in Russian "not bad", which is better than the new word I learned Wed, which means "awful but still a little nice". :mrgreen:

Isk8NYC
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh boy, skating lessons AND language lessons. How many curse words have you learned so far? :lol: :lol: I've learned "spasibo" (thanks) and "nichevko" (nothing). I guess if I put them together, I could probably say "Thanks for Nothing."

Sorry, back to your freaking out. I just couldn't resist...

TimDavidSkate
02-09-2007, 02:22 PM
2 more months 8O ~ I am so excited and of course freakin out! I will have to decide what program to use for AN. I can't wait! Im arriving Thursday noon and watching the events.

(Of course Im also tense because Sectionals is 21 more days 8O )

PattyP
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
If someone has a converter, you can use my SUV to run the blender. But only if I get one...

Alright! It sounds like we are set for our post event parking lot "celebrate or drown your sorrows" Party!

Either way, I take my parking lot drinking very seriously! Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood ;)

techskater
02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
It's a deal then!

phoenix
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh boy, skating lessons AND language lessons. How many curse words have you learned so far? :lol: :lol: I've learned "spasibo" (thanks) and "nichevko" (nothing). I guess if I put them together, I could probably say "Thanks for Nothing."

Sorry, back to your freaking out. I just couldn't resist...

Not too many curse words, but I know how to say "bad" in lots of ways.....One of the first phrases I learned was "do it again please!"

flo
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I was on my way home from skating the other day - running the program over and over again in the little rink in my head, and on the radio came a piece of music I'd skated to back at AN's in Oakland. It was an intense program, and I could still feel it listening to the music. I don't remember if I medaled, or where I placed or how many times I fell practicing the new edges. I do remember how much I enjoyed the performance and the skating.
So, no freak out yet - but definitely a chill (freeze) out.
I've started my dress, but am thinking of going for the unitard this year. It's been so cold here it's hard to imagine wearing that skimpy dress, plus the program's pretty artsy and it would be fun to do something different and warm! I could go from ice to parking lot.

lovepairs
02-13-2007, 05:41 AM
I've decided on a unitard for this season, too! I've competed in it once already. It is sooooo much warmer, and it is easier to take to competition. Just pop it on at home, and you're warm from beginning to end. No more freezing locker rooms!