View Full Version : is Lambiel still injured?

Artemis
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I know he's been nursing an injury all season, but just noticed that he'd missed Europeans. I hope he's on the mend. Anyone have any news?

Meredith
01-30-2007, 06:11 AM
He's not injured, just not competing. It is unknown if/when he will return to competitive skating.

http://www.stephanelambiel.ch/fs/fs-e.html

Artemis
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for that, Meredith. "Not motivated enough to compete." Interesting!

Lark
01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for that, Meredith. "Not motivated enough to compete." Interesting!

"Interesting" is a nicer way of saying it than I was thinking. Mine included the word "lazy" plus the term for a fatherless child! :twisted:

I think it would have come across better if Lambiel stated that he wanted to take off time to explore other avenues and oppurtunities. "Not motivated" sounds like he was asked to clean his bedroom, not represent his country.

Meredith
01-31-2007, 05:59 AM
I had the opposite reaction. I found it refreshing that Lambiel, instead of coining a PC phrase, told the interviewer how he felt. The word, "lazy" never entered my mind.

While I don't know Lambiel, he comes across as bright, articulate, interesting. I would be surprised if he is not interested in many things other than skating at this time. If he returns to skating, more power to him. If not, thanks for the memories.

elanboy
02-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Without Lambiel, the Worlds mens podium will have an interesting look indeed! With Joubert being the current quad king, he looks to have the best shot at winning his first World title. However, if Lysacek can skate like he did at U.S. nationals (with a non-cheated quad combo), he'll provide stiff competition. As would Takahashi of Japan who laid down an awesome LP to win his nationals...Also, perhaps Buttle can land back on the podium after a year's absence. If only he could land a quad in competition, I would put my money on him for a first World title as well, but a podium finish is definitely within reach with his new program this year...

Lark
02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
With Lambiel gone, if he is not at Worlds, then I really do not see Joubert holding it together to win. I would bet on Takahashi, Joubert and Lysachek, in that order.

dooobedooo
02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
With Lambiel gone, if he is not at Worlds, then I really do not see Joubert holding it together to win. I would bet on Takahashi, Joubert and Lysachek, in that order.

There will certainly be a big home advantage for any Japanese in this championship ...

Lark
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I never really thought about that. I just think that Takahashi is the better skater.

Artemis
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
"Home ice advantage" doesn't work for all skaters. Some get extra nervous in front of a home crowd.

But regardless, I agree that Takahashi has a good shot at the gold. And as great as Joubert is jumping this season, I still don't find him as "complete" a skater as Takahashi, Lysacek, or some of the other guys.

Of course I'm rooting like anything for Jeff to make it back on the podium. It'll be tough without a quad, but if he lands his triple axels, all his other elements and components are so superb, he could be up there.

Lark
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
What about Oda? I am assuming he finished second at Japanese Nationals?