View Full Version : Ulitma Mirage vs Ultima Mark IV Blade

5Cents
01-29-2007, 04:21 PM
What is the difference between the Ultima Mirage and the Ultima Mark IV blade?

Thank you!

Skittl1321
01-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Well since no one else answered I'll try.
(I skate on the Mirage- it is my first "real" blade from a recreational model, and I LOVE it. It has helped me improve my spins immeasurably- and the toe pick is big enough that it really grabs the ice and I can get into toe assisted jumps- something a rec blade would not allow)

I believe the Mark IV is a lower model blade. I can't find any information on it- because I believe Ultima does not sell it as an individual blade- only on boots already. I think the Mirage is their entry level freestyle blade.

The Mirage is described as 1/2" ROH with 8' rocker with straight cut toe picks.

Team Arthritis
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I skated on Protege and Legacy and like them - rather similar to coronation Aces IMHO
Lyle

taijiya
01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Could that be an MK Mark IV blade? Jackson used to put those on some of their skates; I have Mark IVs on my Jackson Freestyles, but they're an older pair so they may have changed up the blades they're using now. My blades are very definitely MKs, though, and I didn't see any Ultima blade called a Mark IV listed on their web site.

~~taijiya (my first post here! :bow: )

Skittl1321
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Sorry I assumed mark IV was ultima because Jackson uses it on their low level figure skates. The Jackson Freestyle comes with the mark IV and the Jackson competitor can come with or without the Mirage.

My mistake...

(Edit: Now I'm confused: From the Jackson website 'Ultima Mark IV all purpose, high quality chrome blade attached with screws" on the page talking about the Freestyle. That's why I thought it was an Ultima blade.)

Summerkid710
01-30-2007, 04:55 PM
The Mark IV is definitely an Ultima blade. The Mark IV toepick is a shade smaller than the Mirage toepick. Mark IV is for someone learning crossovers, 3 turns, mohawks, lunges, waltz jumps, half jumps, etc. Mirage would be for salchows, toe loops, flips, loops, etc. The Protege and Legacy would be the next step up in toepick size from the Mirage.

taijiya
01-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I guess it is different, then, but I think my Jacksons are about six or seven years old--from back before they were "Jackson Ultima" like they are now.

Ice Dancer
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I have Risport RF4's with the Ultima Mark IV and I am totally happy with them. I too have been unable to find anything about them on the net, it would be good to know a bit about them! If anyone does know the technical info of them I would be grateful.