View Full Version : U.S. National Dance FD - SPOILERS

Isk8NYC
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
This thread may contain spoilers.

MQSeries
01-27-2007, 08:15 AM
B&A's Amelia free dance: This program will keep them off the world podium this year. I thought it was kind of bland. It was good that they had a couple of new lifts and some new moves in the program, but they all didn't add up to a complete picture. Tanith's outfit seemed too Hollywood glitzy for the Amelia music. No suprised that the judges kept them first.

White & his partner: They were the best dance for me at Nationals. I love the flow, speed and softness of their skating. I might have put them in 2nd.

N&B: Happy that they won the pewter medals this year, but I didn't care for their program at all. Their outfits seemed more approprite for something like Romeo&Juliet instead of that piece of piano? music they were skating too. Last year's program was much better and more entertaining.

Alexa
01-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I really liked B & A's free dance. I loved that they used softer music and had a softer look. As much as I like them, I do tend to get tired of their "frantic" looking free dances that they have done so much in the past.

However, how they will compare to others in the world, I have no idea as I have not followed dance much in the past, and really am not aware of all of the pieces that make a team world champions.

Lark
01-27-2007, 10:05 AM
First, I have to say that I never thought I would use these 2 words to describe a program by Belbin and Agosto: "ungly" and "schizophrenic"!

In the lifts, Tanith looked like she was had been struck by a truck and was in pain. It could be that this is the debut of a new program, but you know what? The old re-worked program was not bad. Could they have not just added difficulty to that?

And Taniths DRESS!?!?! WHY WHY WHY so much UGLY "illusion" fabric? And it was 4 shades too dark for her skin or the dress design. Would it not have been much prettier if the fabric had been in an off-white, kind of like the fabric in Nancy Kerrigans 1994 LP dress? It would be much more flattering. Surely, I am not the only one to think the top part of her dress looked awful? The bottom was hot.

I was just really disappointed by their performance. I laid in bed, just frowning, literally, while I watched it.

NOW, Navaro (?) and Bommentre were the absolute highpoint for me. I was moving around with them as they skated. They really made the night for me, a very beautiful couple.

Has anyone noticed just how much in the last 2 years the ice dancers have all improved like 1000%? I give a lot of credit to B&A, who I adore, for making our teams wake up and realize what needs to be done to win these things.

Lark
01-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I truly believe B&A will have to fight like mad, and get VERY lucky, to make Top 3 at Worlds with this program. It is simply awful.

daisies
01-27-2007, 12:03 PM
N&B: Happy that they won the pewter medals this year, but I didn't care for their program at all. Their outfits seemed more approprite for something like Romeo&Juliet instead of that piece of piano? music they were skating to.
That piece of music was the Beatles! :)

I loved N&B. LOVED. I also loved G&P, which is rare for me. They have really improved and had so much passion in their skate. I was bored with B&A, but I'll cut them some slack because the program was so new. As for D&W, their technical proficiency is astoundingly awesome, but something about their skate left me cold.