View Full Version : So I need some help/input/rocking ideas

Mercedeslove
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
So I might be skating in my first comp. on March 31st. Freestyle 1. Anyone have any ideas of what some good music would be? What do you use to cut the music to 1:30? Also is there anywhere I can find music cute already?

ETA: I want something that would kind of match me. I'm bubbly and silly. I'm usually the one making everyone laugh. I love broadway musicals, and techno kind of stuff. As well as country.

phoenix
01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Heh, one of my tasks this week is to get music cut for a 7-year old student, which also has to be 1:30. If you feel like skating to "These are a few of my favorite things", just let me know & I'll send the file! :mrgreen:

--I use SoundStudio. A little expensive (around $80.00), but it does everything I need it to do. And, I end up cutting music a few times a year.

Emberchyld
01-23-2007, 06:51 PM
So I might be skating in my first comp. on March 31st. Freestyle 1. Anyone have any ideas of what some good music would be? What do you use to cut the music to 1:30? Also is there anywhere I can find music cute already?

ETA: I want something that would kind of match me. I'm bubbly and silly. I'm usually the one making everyone laugh. I love broadway musicals, and techno kind of stuff. As well as country.

How about some songs by Queen? They have some truly fun and silly ones, and some pieces probably will cut really easily.

Mercedeslove
01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
How about some songs by Queen? They have some truly fun and silly ones, and some pieces probably will cut really easily.

Any ideas for songs? LOL I'm like clueless here. I'm more then likely going to end up with He's a Pirate. It's already cut and I toyed with it some time ago.

Emberchyld
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Any ideas for songs? LOL I'm like clueless here. I'm more then likely going to end up with He's a Pirate. It's already cut and I toyed with it some time ago.

Well, Bohemian Rhapsody is a classic and has some nice, goofy parts. Bicycle is fun, "Another One Bites the Dust"... And there's one song (that I'm blanking on the name!) from which Vanilla Ice ripped off the beat and used it in "Ice-Ice Baby"... it always cracks me up now. Some of their music has been made into orchestral arrangements (see the Shrek soundtrack), since you probably need music w/out lyrics (I'm guessing?)

Mrs Redboots
01-24-2007, 07:54 AM
As long as you aren't doing the European competitions this year, I can send you the cut of the music my husband is using, which is from Bohemian Rhapsody, is 1'30" long and has no vocals. PM me with your email address if you would like it.

Team Arthritis
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
ZZ top has lots of instrumental stuff that fades out quite nicely. I personally hate using Karaoke because it lacks most of the melody but OTOH I just cut a nice Novice program from the Karaoke of Last Dance by Donna summers and it was great (hint).

Check back/ search the forum. Someone posted a link to open source (read FREE) music editing software last month.

Above all, have fun!
Lyle