View Full Version : Dancing on Ice 2007 - ITV 1

Mrs Redboots
01-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Since the programme starts in about 40 minutes' time, just starting the thread for this year's show. Not that I have heard of any of the "celebrities", except for Ulrike Johnson, but still....

Tiggerwoos
01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Am gutted........ Am sitting at work missing it.:cry: Don't finish till 11pm, but have set my Sky to record the whole series, it so can watch it when I get home tonight, while doing the not so exciting ironing!:)

sk8erel
01-21-2007, 06:04 AM
:bow: Am gutted........ Am sitting at work missing it.:cry: Don't finish till 11pm, but have set my Sky to record the whole series, it so can watch it when I get home tonight, while doing the not so exciting ironing!:)

Unfortunatley i was in Nottingham watching Fame at the theatre! But i have got it recorded and hopefully i will watch it today sometime. Was it good? I can't wait to see it!
sk8erel:lol:

sk8erel
01-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Since the programme starts in about 40 minutes' time, just starting the thread for this year's show. Not that I have heard of any of the "celebrities", except for Ulrike Johnson, but still....

Have you seen my other thread about Dancing On Ice? In my magazine it saya that Lysette Anthony, and some other ''celebs'' are supposed to be in it, but when i looked in a tv guide, other people were pictured. Some i didn't have a clue about, and some that were sort of ''big'' about 2 or 3 years ago!
I think ITV should pick celebrities that are big now, not then! Do you think so?
sk8erel:roll:

Sonic
01-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Have you seen my other thread about Dancing On Ice? In my magazine it saya that Lysette Anthony, and some other ''celebs'' are supposed to be in it, but when i looked in a tv guide, other people were pictured. Some i didn't have a clue about, and some that were sort of ''big'' about 2 or 3 years ago!
I think ITV should pick celebrities that are big now, not then! Do you think so?

I dunno, if you look at the number of z-listers that were in the Celebrity Big Brother house this year then this lot actually look quite 'important' in comparison. Also, I imagine real A-listers would demand too much money, plus if they were say in the middle of filming or whatever they'd be too worried about the risk of injury?

S xxx

dooobedooo
01-21-2007, 09:31 AM
...I think ITV should pick celebrities that are big now, not then! Do you think so?

As I don't watch much TV, I only recognised a couple of the celebrities, but I DID think that they were a far more attractive and able group than last year, (and with the notable exception of the cocky, clomping, clodfooted, c***-faced Kay Burley - oh, for once I agree with Jason ...8O ) they are likely to be much more enjoyable to watch.

Helen88
01-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I desperately want to cry over the fact that my favourite couple have gone, but I feel I should wait until everyone who recorded it has watched it. BUT THEY WERE ROBBED!! Especially her - it wasn't her fault she got someone slightly unsteady :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mrs Redboots
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I got the impression, though, that she didn't actually mind too much!

BatikatII
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I was extremely impressed with Clare Buckfield - her skating looked lovely - definitely some natural talent there. Ulrika was not bad either and I liked Duncan and Kyran. Steven Gately looked very uncomfortable. Kay needed to relax (her arms looked terrible) and I would not have minded her going except I like her partner! The standard of skating form most of them is already better than last years but then I have to remind myself that with over a hundred hours of skating tuition from the best in the business they should be pretty good - that's equal to about 3 years or more of my skating.:lol:

Tiggerwoos
01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought Dr Fox should have stayed on for showmanship alone, with his singing to the programme music and beaming smile. Even if he hadn't had a performance that was technically good as Kay Burley in the skate off, he had personality.

I wasn't too impressed with Kay Burley's attitude from the start with her being rude about Ulrika and swearing at her partner and found her skating quite rigid.

However they all skated well and I was extremely impressed with Clare Buckfield who was my fav and took to it like a duck to water, followed by the rugby player Kyran Bracken who's body popping wriggly worm bit at the end had me in stitches!:lol:

Clare
01-21-2007, 03:34 PM
However they all skated well and I was extremely impressed with Clare Buckfield who was my fav and took to it like a duck to water, followed by the rugby player Kyran Bracken who's body popping wriggly worm bit at the end had me in stitches!:lol:

They were definitely the 2 I was most impressed by as well. I think Lisa and Emily might also have potential and I really felt for Stephen- he pretty much looked terrified the whole way through!!

Clare

Helen88
01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
So now I guess my favourites (after Pam [oh - and Neil ;) ] *feels dis-loyal to her) are Duncan and Maria, Clare and Andrei and Kyran and Melanie. Still gutted we won't see any more of Pam though...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

samba
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
How nice to see that this time there is no-one being dragged around and lifted, they all seem to actually be able to skate independantly and are not totally dependant on a big strong bloke to make them look good. If this is what its like for the first time on tv then I really cant wait for next Saturday.

Carostar
01-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I was extremely impressed with Clare Buckfield - her skating looked lovely - definitely some natural talent there. Ulrika was not bad either and I liked Duncan and Kyran. Steven Gately looked very uncomfortable. Kay needed to relax (her arms looked terrible) and I would not have minded her going except I like her partner! The standard of skating form most of them is already better than last years but then I have to remind myself that with over a hundred hours of skating tuition from the best in the business they should be pretty good - that's equal to about 3 years or more of my skating.:lol:

I have to agree with you!
I recognised Duncan who used to be in Blue and thought he and his partner were excellent!!!
They are all better than last year. I do wonder how much they have all practised before?

Tiggerwoos
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
As far as I know, they had approximately 3 months training before the first show, so they've done really well in that time.:)

BatikatII
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
As far as I know, they had approximately 3 months training before the first show, so they've done really well in that time.:)

Yes but 3 months intensive training is quite different to half an hour once a week in a large group which my first year consisted of - or even half an hour private lesson once a week plus a couple hours practice which my second year consisted of! It was mentioned in the programme that they'd had between 100 and 150 hours training. In my first year I had not more than about 20 hours training in total and if you look at individual tuition in that time it reduces to about 2 hours training in a year ( since there was about 20 people in the group so you got less than a minute of the coaches time each week to help with individual problems)!!!

Still I agree they are doing well, and the most impressive thing is that for many of them the nerves don't show - it is unbelievably nerve-wracking the first time you have to perform in a competition situation so I admire them for that.

I have noticed what a difference more intensive training makes as I have been working for my field moves test and trying to do an hour each day and had 4 half hour lessons last week. It makes a huge difference to progress - just a shame I can't afford to keep it up!:D