View Full Version : What are these skaters up to?

Lark
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Vanessa Gusmeroli?

Tatiana Malinina, who I swore was going to make it big, I loved her. What is she up to?

Jenny Kirk - Bronze medal at the 2004 U.S. Nationals, and I cannot remember seeing her in the last 2 years. What's up?

Then there is a Ladies skater, I cannot remember her name. She was from some European country, had short dark hair, looked just like her coach, and held her leg up really high for several seconds, telegraphing her lutz. I really liked her alot, I am sure she is retired, I have not seen her in years.

Thanks for any help. :)

Isk8NYC
01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Jenny Kirk coached for a bit in Boston, but returned to California (where she trained) to attend college.

Lark
01-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Jenny Kirk coached for a bit in Boston, but returned to California (where she trained) to attend college.

I liked her, but I always felt that she lacked any true "fire" to get any higher Internationally.

Good luck to her.

What about the others? And what about my mystery skater with the weird description? LOLOL :P

NoVa Sk8r
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Tatiana Malinina, who I swore was going to make it big, I loved her. What is she up to?She is married to former competitive skater Roman Skorniakov. They live in Dale City, Va. (just south of DC), and have a 2- or 3-year-old boy. I believe she coaches at SKateQuest Prince William.

Then there is a Ladies skater, I cannot remember her name. She was from some European country, had short dark hair, looked just like her coach, and held her leg up really high for several seconds, telegraphing her lutz. I really liked her alot, I am sure she is retired, I have not seen her in years.Sounds like Liashenko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Liashenko). Yes, that telegraphed lutz! But what height she could get.

Skittl1321
01-17-2007, 08:09 AM
I liked her, but I always felt that she lacked any true "fire" to get any higher Internationally.

Good luck to her.

I think the lack of "fire" might in some way relate to her stated reason for retirement- I believe she cited her mother's death for her decision to not compete.

I saw her in "Ice Diaries" when they profiled her (after the other girl didn't get past sectionals) and she seemed like she had it together. I hope she does well in her non-skating ventures.

Lark
01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Sounds like Liashenko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Liashenko). Yes, that telegraphed lutz! But what height she could get.

Thank you, it is Liashenko, I just thought of her name an hour ago! LOL

She is still competing??? Lordie, you go gurl! :P I doubt we will ever see her on American tv again, since she is not in the Top 6 at Worlds, but I really enjoyed her skating and will look for her on youtube.

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Thank you, it is Liashenko, I just thought of her name an hour ago! LOL

She is still competing??? Lordie, you go gurl! :P I doubt we will ever see her on American tv again, since she is not in the Top 6 at Worlds, but I really enjoyed her skating and will look for her on youtube.They showed her in fall of 2005 at one of the Grand Prix events. I loved her program to "West Side Story."