View Full Version : Vera Wang skating video

cecealias
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Watch Vera Wang talk about her source of inspiration for fashion and figure skating. She skates here at Chelsea Piers with her 2 daughters. Note the very important "L" arm position she emphasizes to her daughters right before they go into their scratch spins :D

http://video.style.com/index.jsp?auto_band=x&rf=sv&fr_story=a89693189ffa1b7ed0e0d5c1aea97307f0f9176a

tidesong
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I watched it but wasn't noting the L arm position at all! Was just cool to see her out on the ice having heard that she was a figure skater before when she started doing michelle kwan's skating dresses.

Isk8NYC
01-15-2007, 03:08 AM
I liked that video - the Style network is really pushing skating. Whatever gets it out there, right?

Next month, there will be a benefit for the Skating club of New York Scholarship Fund and the World Figure Skating Museum & Hall of Fame charities.

The Benefit will be an exhibition of dresses created through the collaboration of Vera Wang and Michelle Kwan.

Tessie
01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I watched it but wasn't noting the L arm position at all! Was just cool to see her out on the ice having heard that she was a figure skater before when she started doing michelle kwan's skating dresses.

She designed Nancy Kerrigan's for the 1994 Olympics, long before Michelle was out of her puffed sleeved dresses.

mikawendy
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for posting, cecelias! (And I didn't know Vera Wang skated clockwise, having never seen videos of her skating before.)

tidesong
01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
She designed Nancy Kerrigan's for the 1994 Olympics, long before Michelle was out of her puffed sleeved dresses.

Cool I think I read about that but forgot it when I was replying earlier hehe :oops:

skateflo
01-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Isk8NYC - I was recently told by someone in the know in NYC that the benefit has been cancelled although I have not been notified - I did receive a postcard announcing the event and planned to go during my post-op shoulder surgery recovery. Glad I didn't book a hotel room! Perhaps you can check with the Club about it.

Isk8NYC
01-16-2007, 10:03 AM
I didn't know Vera Wang skated clockwise, having never seen videos of her skating before.I thought the same thing, and I thought of your "Lefty Louie" autograph book.
Isk8NYC - I was recently told by someone in the know in NYC that the benefit has been cancelled although I have not been notified - I did receive a postcard announcing the event and planned to go during my post-op shoulder surgery recovery. Glad I didn't book a hotel room! Perhaps you can check with the Club about it.
I've been trying to get info on the benefit - I received the same postcard - but so far, no good.
Too bad - I would have enjoyed going to that type of an exhibit.
I'll keep you posted in this thread if I hear anything new.