View Full Version : Any U.S. Nationals predictions?

Lark
01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I am gonna say Evan, Scott and Johnny in that order.

Hmmmmmm. Meisner, Emily Hughes and BeBe.

Belbin and Agosto, then Gregory and Petukov.

Inoue and Baldwin and Nam and Leftheris.

I am not that familiar with U.S. Ice Dance and Pairs. Unless you medal, I have never heard of you. LOL

Isk8NYC
01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
For those of you who like a roster to work from, the list of competitors is HERE (http://www.usfigureskating.org/shell.asp?sid=37061) on the USFSA's website.

Predictions:
Ladies: Hughes, Meissner, Liang
Men: Lysacek, Weir, Smith
Pairs: Inoue/Baldwin, Nam/Leftheris, Jordan/Elefante
Dance: Belbin/Agosto, Davis/White, Matthews/Zavozin

Side note: In the Junior Pairs, I'm half-heartedly rooting for Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker. Brubaker used to have Mariel Miller as his partner, DD of my cousin's best friend. (Confusing relationship, I know.) Mariel isn't skating pairs this year, but I feel slightly disloyal rooting for her ex-partner. Not enough to root against him, though.

Lark
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey, why did you not mention Gregory and Petukov in Dance? Do you know something that I don't??? :??

By the way, I made my own Nationals Thread, I was not sure if you wanted me bunging up the Contest Thread. :)

Isk8NYC
01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey, why did you not mention Gregory and Petukov in Dance? Do you know something that I don't??? :?? Nah, I'm Dance-Illiterate other than Tanith and Ben. I'm sure your predictions are more accurate.

By the way, I made my own Nationals Thread, I was not sure if you wanted me bunging up the Contest Thread. :)That was a good idea; that contest thread is usually a one-shot deal. This will probably get more posts.

I watched Nancy Kerrigan's "Countdown to Nationals" (http://www.stargamestv.com/) tonight.
(Interesting program, funny at times. Strange tribute to MK that basically posed many questions and answered none. LOL)

Here are Nancy's predictions:

Dance: Belbin/Agosto, Gregory/Pethukov, Matthew/Zavozin or Davis/White
Pairs: Inoue/Baldwin, Nam/Leftheris, Vlasov/Merkins
Men: Lysacek, Weir (no 3rd place prediction)
Ladies: Meissner, Hughes (no 3rd place prediction)

Mark Lund was a guest on the program, he predicts Emily Hughes (1st) and Kimmie Meissner (2nd).
Mark really ranked on Johnny Weir, btw. He was "funny and ascerbic" as he was on "Skating with Celebrities."

Lark
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Nah, I'm Dance-Illiterate other than Tanith and Ben. You're probably correct.

Well, I am Dance-illiterate except for Tanith and Ben AND Gregory and Petukov. So you scared me! LOL

Mel On Ice
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
too bad Stephanie Rosenthal isn't around this year, I would have loved to have her on my dark horse list

Senior Ladies: Hughes, Meissner (although they are a toss-up, either one can win and I'd be happy), Liang and Czisny

Senior Men: Lysachek, Weir, Smith and Villareal

Senior pairs: I/B, N/L, Vise/Trent, Moyle/Seitz

Senior dance: B/A (although it will be closer than ever), G/P, M/Z, Davis and White

oh, and Westdorp wins a medal of any color in junior ladies!

Isk8NYC
01-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I just realized Rohene Ward isn't on the list of competitors. I'm disappointed - he's wonderful to watch. Guess he didn't make the Sectionals cut?

NoVa Sk8r
01-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I just realized Rohene Ward isn't on the list of competitors. I'm disappointed - he's wonderful to watch. Guess he didn't make the Sectionals cut?He finished 6th at Mids.

He fell twice in the SP (on 3axel and 3lutz) and landed only 3 clean triples in the LP.

Sylvia
01-12-2007, 01:11 PM
He [Rohene Ward] finished 6th at Mids.

He fell twice in the SP (on 3axel and 3lutz) and landed only 3 clean triples in the LP.
However, it wasn't a "complete meltdown" by Rohene like in his 2006 Nationals free skate at least (looking on the positive side :)). He did land a 4toe-2toe combo in his SP and rotated 5 triples in the FS (he also did a reverse spin to regular direction spin combo).

Mids was a REALLY deep and competitive senior men's event this year -- Wesley Campbell (5th overall) had a really good free skate and Michael Peters (7th) landed a beautiful triple axel in his FS. The top 4 at Mids (Jeremy Abbott, Ryan Bradley, Parker Pennington and Braden Overett) set a very high standard of skating, and it'll sure be interesting to see how they place in Spokane.