View Full Version : Stars on Ice

kdsksg
01-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Does any one know if the Stars On Ice 2007 specials will be rebroadcast? Or did someone record it that can send me a copy? I set up my DirectTV for the time listed in the guide but apparently their scheduling was fouled up and all I got was a recording of some paid advertising for some home gym thing. Bah! I'm so disappointed. Help!!
Thanks

Isk8NYC
01-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Very odd schedule for this program's broadcast. I guess it's considered an "infomercial" and they're targeting specific cities and dates. Guess it helps presell tickets and saves money in not having a big two-hour "special."

The Stars on Ice website has a very detailed list of broadcast cities and dates. Here's the LINK (http://www.starsonice.com/apps/content/templates/news_detail.asp?articleid=492&zoneid=1).

kdsksg
01-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the link. Actually, I caught the one in Portland on the 30th. But it was only an hour. Apparently they broadcast the 2nd half here on the 6th of Jan, but DirectTV screwed up their scheduling and switched it around with a paid advertisement for a home gym. I caught the lasts 10 minutes of it when I was flipping the channels and flipped through what the schedule had labeled as the paid advertising. (I recorded what was labeled "Stars on Ice" and got the home gym advertisement instead. Thanks DirectTV). So I'm missing the boys half! Help. Anyone have all two hours of it on tape?
Thanks!

Artemis
01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I didn't think they were doing the 2-hour "full" show broadcasts any more. The last couple of years they've been teasers only. This year it was mostly fluff and teasers for the current show, then Kristi's top 5 favourite performances from the past (none of which would be anywhere in my top 20 faves, with the possible exception of Kat's Schindler's List).

edgygirl
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Speaking of Stars on Ice...
It just so happens that they're coming to town my birthday weekend. I've never gone to see a skating event such as this before and a friend and I are considering going for our birthdays. Anyone have any opinions or want to help psych me up for going? I didn't see the broadcast, how was it? Would it be worthwhile to splurge for the really expensive seats? Anyone paid for an event like this and felt it would have been better to have watched on tv and spent the cash skating? Thanks!

Artemis
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
If you're even a little bit of a skating fan, seeing a show live at least once is a must-do. Yes you do sometimes see some things "better" on TV, but you get a lot of other things out of a live experience. Most notably you really get the effect of the speed of the skaters. Plus there's just something very enjoyable about an experience that you are sharing with thousands of other people at the same time.

Stars on Ice is probably one of the best choices for a live experience, since there are so many great production values. It really is a "show." Plus you never see as much of the show on TV, even when they did have annual 2-hour broadcasts.

If it were me I would splurge on good seats. You still get a pretty good view in the cheap seats, but up close and personal is best. And it is your birthday. Treat yourself!

Mel On Ice
01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I think I'll wait closer to the date and get a two for one deal

Isk8NYC
01-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Can you get 2-for-1 deals on the rinkside seats?

expo86
01-10-2007, 02:10 AM
You should be aware that 2 for 1 deals are not available every year at every arena. Entertainment book 2-for-1 coupons have only been available in a city near me once in a number of years. There are often special deals for Disney on Ice here, but not Stars on Ice.

Usually the discount tickets are not prime seats but on the end or upper levels and I doubt very much that on-ice seats would be available 2 for 1 if there are even any on-ice seats still available to purchase. Sorry.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this has been my experience over the last 15 years or so here in the Vancouver, BC/Seattle, WA area as well as reading skating message board posts from all over USA and Canada.

However, they sometimes release tickets which were likely held for sponsors a few days before the show. I was able to take advantage of this in 2003 and got a full-price seat at centre ice in Row 1 (not on-ice) on a Friday morning for a show in Seattle on Saturday. I got to shake David Pelletier's hand!:D

Just wanted to add that I would also agree with Artemis that there's nothing like seeing a show live at least once. Worth every penny, and then some.:)