View Full Version : Joubert's color coded training chart

Ice T
12-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about this? It was mentioned at the last Grand Prix event that Joubert is using a color coded chart for his strict training regimen this season and he lives by it every day. Apparently it works because he was amazing in the Russia Grand Prix event. Anyone have any details on this and exactly what it is?

mikawendy
12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't know anything more, but I just watched my tape of Cup of Russia and his long program was really splendid. Then I started wondering, gee, I hope he's not overtraining--I hope he's not peaking early....

What I really like about his new long program is that the choreo pushes him to do things that his previous programs haven't done, such as using the upper body, head, and arms more expressively. I also like the "resting" moment in the middle of his program where he's skating exclusively on one foot, doing complicated turns, then comes to a stop on that one foot, then starts again, then comes to a stop on that one foot again. It's amazing! (Kurt Browning did a nice job on the choreo.)

I would guess that his chart plans out the amount and kind/proportion of exercise on and off ice, rest, and probably his diet, too. (The TV announcers made it sound quite regimented.) I would guess it involves periodization, but again, this is just a guess.

Ice T
12-09-2006, 12:09 PM
I think you are right. I guess the plan is top secret. But I think that if it works, it would be great to publicize for other skaters to use. Maybe it will come out at somepoint.

mobius
12-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Or maybe not a great idea, otherwise other skaters might benefit from it and start skating better than him;))

I think you are right. I guess the plan is top secret. But I think that if it works, it would be great to publicize for other skaters to use. Maybe it will come out at somepoint.