View Full Version : Zayak rule obsolete?

Lark
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
The Zayak rule, of course, stating that skaters can only repeat two triple or quadruple jumps, and only if at least one of the attempts at each repeated jump is in a jump combination.

With the CoP, I would love to see a male skater go out and try 4-3Axels. Or have a Lady attempt 3-3Lutzs.

Why have a rule that limits the amount of the same jump a person can do if the person is now rewarded actual points for the jumps they do?

If someone feasibly wanted to go out and do 8-3toes, they would not be resonably rewarded for the effort, so I do not think that would become a problem.

I think it would allow some skaters who may not be able to do a 3Axel to rise up in the ranks by maybe doing 4-3Lutzs instead.

Can anyone explain why they think the Zayak rule is still pertinent?

Tessie
11-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't think we would see much skating, no edge control or power and speed. If you look at the objectives of controlling the blades and the elements of precision required. We wouild see nothing but jumping passess such as what is seen in the floor exercise for gymnastics.

I got it! Why don't gymnasts try landing on the balance beam with skates!:lol:

Lark
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Would not the Component score take care of someone just going out and attempting 15 jumps with no choreography or presentation?