View Full Version : Blade Sharpening Machine

rf3ray
11-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Just Wondering how much a professional Blade Sharpening machine might cost I hear that there are a lot of varieties just wondering

mikawendy
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I saw one on eBay the other day, but I don't remember the price, and I have no way of knowing whether it's a quality machine. (I would be wary of buying off eBay unless you know what to ask to find out what shape it's in. Plus the shipping cost would be enormous because of the weight.) You could ask a skating pro that you trust how much a machine goes for. Also, if you know any skate pros who are closing up shop or planning to retire, you might be able to buy a used machine (and perhaps pay for some training).

dbny
11-12-2006, 11:52 AM
That's something we've thought about too. I think you can probably get something for around $1,000, but that's just the beginning. You have to learn how to use it and you have to have experience, so you would want to also have a small collection of junk blades to practice on.

rf3ray
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I hear the machines that they have in Russia cost up to $20,000

Skate@Delaware
11-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Our rink is buying one and it's going to cost about $15,000. But it's the kind that even the kids at the counter can use to sharpen figure skates (just thinking about that scares me).