View Full Version : NY/NJ SkatingForums Meetup Poll - WHERE?

Isk8NYC
11-10-2006, 09:59 AM
The second half of the the formula is WHERE should we meet?
(Multiple choices are allowed)

I'll ask for a general area and then check out session times once we've gotten an idea of when we'll meet.

Isk8NYC
11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
NOW TELL US WHEN << POLL (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=22020) >>

mikawendy
11-10-2006, 11:56 AM
I could come if it were PA or DE area; farther north than that, it depends on my family plans.

jazzpants
11-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Tee hee hee... :lol:

Well, I am planning to go to the Aviator Sports rink, so that would be a nice place to meet! However, I am open to meeting at other locations.

renatele
11-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I prefer N NJ, but NYC might also be workable

Isk8NYC
11-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, I am planning to go to the Aviator Sports rink, so that would be a nice place to meet! However, I am open to meeting at other locations.Sorry - didn't know you'd already chosen a site. Well, let's keep this going in case they don't have a session at the most popular times, okay?

For those of you who don't know, Aviator Sports is in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennett Field.

dbny
11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Of course, I prefer Prospect Park, if the weather is good, but my second choice is Aviator, with Pavilion on Staten Island a close third.

Debbie S
11-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Hmmm, I could work this around a visit to my NY area friends. I won't vote yet, b/c I'm not sure I can make it, but if I could, I'd prefer NYC, as in Manhattan (Chelsea Piers? :) ), or northern NJ.

Emberchyld
11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm partial to N. NJ during thee week (at night, thanks to work!), but for weekends, I can do the S.Jersey as well, milkawendy.

NYC is always a magical place at this time... I just have no idea how to get anywhere if it's not in Manhattan and within walking distance of Penn Station or any PATH station... (sad, I know)

jazzpants
11-11-2006, 08:34 PM
WOW!!! Does this mean that everyone would like to meet say, at the Hack??? 8O

If so, I'm looking at Friday afternoon/evenings as the more popular time. Should we meet at the FS session or the public session! (Both are in the late afternoons.) The other thing I should warn 'ya is that there's a possibilty that I might try to arrange a lesson around that same session with the Moves Guru... (Well, depends on whether or not the Moves Guru makes contact with me -- trust me, he has been proven to be VERY DIFFICULT to get a hold of, as renatele would tell 'ya. :x :twisted:

HelenC
11-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I live in Brooklyn, 5 minutes from Prospect Park, so that would be my first choice. I also skate at Aviator, Sky Rink, and Wollman in Central Park. I could also go to Hackensack. I don't think I know any of you, so it would be fun to meet!

dbny
11-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I live in Brooklyn, 5 minutes from Prospect Park, so that would be my first choice. I also skate at Aviator, Sky Rink, and Wollman in Central Park. I could also go to Hackensack. I don't think I know any of you, so it would be fun to meet!

You know me! I teach beginners at Prospect Park and often see you there in the mornings. BTW, I finally found a coach!

HelenC
11-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Is that you? Hugs and kisses!
Wow, you got a new coach? That's awesome!