View Full Version : Need advice on posting

Virtualsk8r
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday after time with another forum. I tried to start a thread in the Canada section regarding best and worst music skated to by Canadians - a topic that has been fun in other forums. There seems to be a lot of sarcastic and mean-spirited comments on the Canadian site and with sectionals coming up, I wanted to start something less controversial and fun. No such luck....my thread was immediately and rudely shot down by a poster.

Should I have posted the question under the General discussion section?
Thanks!

ice_godess
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Don't worry Virtualsk8r and welcome to the forum. I too am finding the Canada section a bit too much at times. I thought the thread was interesting and will add my two cents worth!

dbny
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome to one of the nicest boards around! I don't usually go to the Canadian section, but I looked at your thread to see what you were talking about. Please don't be scared off by one flippant post. Give us some time and visit the other forums here too. Also, check in at the Non Skating Discussions (http://www.skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13) forum, where you can find help with practical matters and both help and commiseration with your ills.