View Full Version : Skating Trivia....

Kay
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone remember who it was that jumped over the boards in competition (like right into the camera pit) and then just kept skating?I was talking with a fellow figure skater about classic figure skating moments recently, and neither one of us could remember this one. We were thinking it was either Midori Ito or Surya Bonaly, but we couldn't remember.

dbny
10-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone remember who it was that jumped over the boards in competition (like right into the camera pit) and then just kept skating?I was talking with a fellow figure skater about classic figure skating moments recently, and neither one of us could remember this one. We were thinking it was either Midori Ito or Surya Bonaly, but we couldn't remember.

Midori Ito jumped out of the rink into the camera pit accidently, jumped right back onto the ice and continued skating.

flippet
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
You can see it on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjA0bZeISI&mode=related&search=) here.

I don't know what the 'accident' is that the announcers are talking about as she takes the ice--because the jump-out hasn't occurred yet.

Moto Guzzi
10-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't know what the 'accident' is that the announcers are talking about as she takes the ice--because the jump-out hasn't occurred yet.

Midori and Laetitia Hubert collided during the short-program warmup, and the fall may have affected Midori's concentration during her program.

Kay
10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks for your replies! I really appreciate it :)