View Full Version : 2002 winter olympics

cbhovey
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Here's a challenging question for a true Figure Skating afficianado.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the music program used by the Chinese pair team during the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Specifically, I'm looking for the music program used during the short program.

Thanks.

- C

dbny
10-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Here's a challenging question for a true Figure Skating afficianado.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the music program used by the Chinese pair team during the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Specifically, I'm looking for the music program used during the short program.

Thanks.

- C

Which one of the three Chinese pairs teams?

Lark
10-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Lori Nichol said Shen and Zhao’s short program opens with a “lesser known bit from Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini and ends with Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3 the Alla Breve.”

Does that help?

kateskate
10-06-2006, 03:52 AM
If its Shen & Zhao SP from 2002 Olympics then if i recall correctly they used 'Kismet' by Bond

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was it

Lark
10-06-2006, 08:30 PM
If its Shen & Zhao SP from 2002 Olympics then if i recall correctly they used 'Kismet' by Bond

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was it

I posted info quoted from Lori Nichols. Where does your info come from?

Lark
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I found this about the 2002 Worlds:

"China's Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao followed in the next flight. The Olympic bronze medallists turned in a very dynamic program to "Kismet" by Bond that contained an enormous triple throw loop, side by side triple toeloops and a double twist."

Did Shen and Zhao use different music for the Worlds SP than they did the Olympic SP?