View Full Version : New York City

miraclegro
09-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I am thinking of driving up to Klinbeil boot co. to get my boots "tweaked." It is a 7 hour drive from where i live and need to know if there are any rinks near Klingbeil, and decent inexpensive places to stay.

Thanks a bunch!

dbny
09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I am thinking of driving up to Klinbeil boot co. to get my boots "tweaked." It is a 7 hour drive from where i live and need to know if there are any rinks near Klingbeil, and decent inexpensive places to stay.

Thanks a bunch!

If you you don't mind a super furry cat, you can stay with me. I'm 20-40 minutes from Klingbeils depending on traffic. The closest rink to Klingbeil is Iceland, in New Hyde Park. They have a usually empty public session from 12:45 to 2:45 on Fridays, and I've gone from Klingbeils directly there more than once. PM me if interested.

miraclegro
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I hate to ask, but is it an indoor or outdoor cat?

I am severely allergic to cats - unfortunately; although i wish i were not.

dbny
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I hate to ask, but is it an indoor or outdoor cat?

I am severely allergic to cats - unfortunately; although i wish i were not.

He's indoor and there is fur everywhere. My older DD is also allergic and since she had to move back home, she stays pretty much in her room and takes pulmicort daily. I could put you in younger DD's room (away at college), which is on the 3rd floor where cat rarely goes, and door to room is always closed. Older DD is up there too, and also keeps her door closed. I'm getting a new vacuum on Tues, and that should help, but the truth is that my house is full of cat allergens.

miraclegro
09-11-2006, 07:13 AM
I'll think about it...but are you are on the way up from Virginia, or 20 minutes longer than on the way to the shop?

And is the rink you mentioned right in the same neighborhood as the rink?

Sorry to ask so many questions; you've been so helpful.

dbny
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll think about it...but are you are on the way up from Virginia, or 20 minutes longer than on the way to the shop?

And is the rink you mentioned right in the same neighborhood as the rink?

Sorry to ask so many questions; you've been so helpful.

I'm in Brooklyn, pretty much right between you and Klingbeil, so I am on your way. The rink is another 20 min away from Klingbeil. There is nothing closer. Even the new arena that's opening later this month isn't any closer, just a different direction. Unfortunately, Klingbeil is not located so you can just go try your skates and run back in for further adjustment. OTHO, Don will see you during his non-customer hours if you are coming from a long distance and can't make the regular customer hours.

When were you thinking of coming?