View Full Version : Tell me what to do with my time! :-)

moragc
08-29-2002, 11:22 AM
I'm planning to take a little time to play with my tapes; I've been looking at what I've got and decided I have enough to make a compilation. Here are some ideas I've had -- tell me which you think is most worth pursuing?

Meredith
08-29-2002, 11:44 AM
If you decide to make a compilation of Wilson and McCall, I hope you will make copies and offer them for sale. :D You have some prime selections.

Meredith

Elvii
08-29-2002, 11:49 AM
I think it would be neat to have a compilation of Bolero stuff because then you can see the different ways people interpret it.

Artemis
08-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Ditto on Wilson & McCall ... and I'm jealous. The only program of theirs I have on tape is the free dance from Calgary.

I think a whole complilation of Bolero might drive you mad. Just listening to it once can drive me mad! It really isn't a very good piece of music, IMO, not much more than ostinato.

Miezekatze
08-29-2002, 01:21 PM
I voted for Early Katarina (especially if you are offering copies afterwards :D ). I love the Bolero though. Could listen to it a million times in a row. One of my favorite pieces of music :)

Blue Ridge
08-29-2002, 01:51 PM
If you make a Wilson & McCall, I'll be another one clamoring for a copy.

flippet
08-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Ooh...make a K&P one, and I'll be begging for a copy..... :)

jcspkbfan
08-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Another vote for Wilson and McCall here--the only programs of theirs I have on tape are their 1988 Olympics programs, a couple of their pro numbers and their 1982 Canadians FD (courtesy of Retro Ice Time). I'd very much like to see more of them. ;)

rinsk
08-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Wilson and McCall! Wilson and McCall!

I only got into watching figure skating in the early 90s and have basically only seen little clips of them skate. I would love to see a compilation of them.

CMc
08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
I'd probably get sick of it after a while, but it'd be interesting to see every single clip of Bolero being used for those sports. It'd be cool to see them edited to be a single montage utilizing the entire piece--Probably would be impractical though since they all probably used different versions of it.
Would you include the Torvill & Dean clip and the COI one too?

moragc
09-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Okey, looks like Wilson & McCall are the clear leaders, with considerable second-place interest in a multi-disclipline Bolero compilation.

Poll is still open for a couple of days if anybody feels like a last-minute ballot-box-stuffing for Blumberg & Seibert. :-)

Actually, I'm hoping to make all of these at some point or another, but I will certainly drop a note into this forum when I get Wilson & McCall done - hope that will be within the next couple of months.

thanks for your interesting responses!