View Full Version : Skating Judge Alleges More Misconduct - Article

adrianchew
04-09-2002, 11:33 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16777-2002Apr8.html

[quote:31ad5cf33a]Francis Betsch, an international judge for France from 1987 through 1998, said he sent a letter to the ISU alleging that Gailhaguet instructed him on how to vote at the 1994 European championships in Copenhagen and at the 1996 world championships in Edmonton.[/quote:31ad5cf33a]

Should we be surprised? :roll:

SandraD
04-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Adrian, NOPE! :(

Just hope something constructive is done about the situation.

Sandra

icedtea
04-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Adrian, does this revelation relate to ice dance only, or were other disciplines affected?

Surprised? Nope, this is more of a confirmation of suspicion than a surprise.

sulin
04-09-2002, 12:44 PM
I came in here to post that same link, Adrian! Thanks for saving me the time! :D

Even though I highly suspect Gailhaguet will get away with this, it's obvious there have been complaints about him prior to this situation. When there have been repeated reports of this type of thing concerning the same person, doesn't the ISU have to do something about it?

Eighteen
04-09-2002, 07:19 PM
:x
oh brother ... will this never end?? I sure hope they do something to address these issues pronto!

loveskating
04-10-2002, 08:10 AM
I don't know about all this, but the letter referred to by A&P was perfectly normal...such letters exist by many skaters to their federations.

PLEASE leave the skaters OUT of this I say. The last thing I want to see is any more skaters hurt by all this.

If judges are "political" for some skater, then you can bet that this is the fault of some bureaucrat(s) in the Federation who is USING that skater(s) to protect their job or further their own career, and that they don't care about the skater(s) or skating, IMHO.