View Full Version : Thin Ice - BBC2

Melzorina
04-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Has anybody been watching Thin Ice on BBC2 at 10.00pm on Tuesdays?

I am desperate to find out the name of the music that Trisha skated to in the British Championships, PLEASE can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Mel x

dooobedooo
04-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Melzorina, I missed the last episode - what happened?

Thanks.

Mrs Redboots
04-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm afraid we only watched 1/2 of 1 episode.... a bit too "soap-opera-ish" for our taste - and the politics a wee bit too close to home!!! So we thought it probably wasn't for us.

2loop2loop
04-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I think it is pretty dreadful, but for some reason my father of all people has got in to watching it so I have caught some of it. My favourite part has to be the triple salchows! Clearly the writers have got it into their head that a triple sal is the be all and end all of skating so every second line seems to be "ooh she's going for the triple salchow". They then cut to some girl doing a wobbly double and everyone reacts like she has just landed a quad. :roll: I am also intrigued by the way that everyone refers to Deeside, Deeside, like it is the centre of the skating universe. What is that all about?

Sorry though, I have no idea what the piece of music was. It sounded a bit Moulin Rouge-ish to me but I'm probably wrong.

John

Isk8NYC
04-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I wish I could see this show. John's description sounds rather Monty-Pythonish and hilarious!

Melzorina
04-09-2006, 01:03 PM
You can watch the episodes from the BBC2 website!

www.bbc.co.uk/bbc2

As for what happened, not a lot, the British Championships went ahead, although during the warm-up, Tricia fell and got quite a nasty cut on her leg, and...Her name evades me, but the nasty coach gave her some pills to ease the pain, and she managed to skate clean.

In the end, it turns out she had taken a banned substance and was disqualified, leaving the title of BRitish Champion to the other coach's skater, but she announced she had taken the morning after pill, which was also banned, so they were both disqualified.

dooobedooo
04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks! I enjoyed this show - hope it runs for another series.

Perhaps if you email the BBC, they can tell you what Trisha's music was ....?

Bunny Hop
04-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Perhaps if you email the BBC, they can tell you what Trisha's music was ....?

There's a form for this type of enquiry on the BBC site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/contactus/form.shtml or telephone BBC Information on 08700 100 222.

BBC Information have a database of information on recent programmes, including music used - but it does depend on the programme makers giving them the information in the first place! Worth a try though.

Schmeck
04-09-2006, 05:18 PM
This show sounds hilarious! Maybe the US will do what the US does well - copying British TV shows for US viewers??? We could even get some would-be actress-skaters like Lipinski and Cohen to be in it.

Melzorina
04-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I emailed the BBC and they said that they didn't know the name of the song, it was very disappointing!

:(

babyballerina
04-11-2006, 03:30 AM
This show sounds hilarious! Maybe the US will do what the US does well - copying British TV shows for US viewers??? We could even get some would-be actress-skaters like Lipinski and Cohen to be in it.

Trust me, it wasn't all that great. Mildly amusing for a late Tuesday evening but not in the Monty-Python league.

Melzorina
04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
I only watch it for the skating value.

Bunny Hop
04-12-2006, 06:09 AM
I emailed the BBC and they said that they didn't know the name of the song, it was very disappointing!

:(

Information on very recent programmes often doesn't filter down for several weeks.

Plan B is to contact the production company that made the programme. According to the BBC Comedy site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/t/thinice_999060302.shtml) it was made by Phil McIntyre Productions. The British Sitcom Guide (http://www.sitcom.co.uk/list_production.shtml) lists their email address as: info@mcintyre-ents.com.

Good luck!