View Full Version : Spins, Jumps, or Footwork?

canadiana
03-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I thought it would be interesting to know what everyone's favorite move is to do or to watch. Though I am a huge fan of it all, I would have to pick the jumps, footwork a very close second.

Artemis
03-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Since I don't really skate myself I picked for watching ... and I picked footwork. Even though watching a jump is exciting, there's always a tension factor, esp. when it's a favourite skater that you're rooting for. But with footwork mistakes are rare, so you can relax and enjoy it more. Plus footwork is usually a choreographic highlight, part of the whole program experience, whereas jumps are more often than not seamed in where they fit.

Laetitia_Hubert
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I think the "suspense" in figure skating really comes with the jumps. They are the elements that keep ppl on the edge of their seats. I also love spins and footwork but because most skaters make them look so easy it's hard to grasp how difficult executing them really is from an audience perspective.

Scarlett
04-01-2006, 08:12 AM
My favorites depend on whether I'm watching them or doing them.
I love watching footwork b/c I can appreciate the difficulty.
I like to jump. There is nothing as exhilarating and terrifying as hurling your body off the ice, turning around in the air, and attempting to land on one foot.

VegasGirl
04-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Definitely jumps even if for now just at the lower level... I absolutely hate hate haaate spins!!! Footwork is ok and a good means to connect the jumps. :)

canadiana
04-01-2006, 10:33 AM
the one person whose footwork is absolutly amazing to watch and always leaves me wanting more is Alexei Yagudin. He is...like......god!:bow:

fmh
04-02-2006, 01:28 PM
definatly jumps, but i like it all, only my spins suck, so i work on them just as much as i do with jumps