View Full Version : Interesting Combinations ...

Isk8NYC
03-29-2006, 11:46 AM
As I watched the World's broadcasts, I couldn't help thinking about Dick Button's Olympic remark that Jeffrey Buttle is a "dancer." He meant it as a compliment because of the way Buttle moves with the music. I think the same is true of Sasha Cohen.

If there's life after Singles, who would you combine to create Ice Dance or Pair teams?

I would put Sasha Cohen and Jeffrey Buttle in Ice Dance.

Schmeck
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Cohen would do OK in ice dance, but she tends to have shallow edges, or wobbly ones. Her flexibility would be a plus, though.

canadiana
03-29-2006, 04:59 PM
you know, I could understand why people would think Jeff would make a good ice dancer, but he doesn't seem like her would be strong enough to pull off some of those lifts. I'm not saying he's week or anything, I myself happen to be in love with the guy, but you really need to be built for that sort of stuff.

As for Sasha, I couldn't see her doing ice dance. She's too small, so she doesn't get that dramatic effect.

Artemis
03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Sasha may be tiny but she's plenty dramatic! I could definitely see her doing all the emotive stuff that ice dancers do. But ... I just can't picture her sharing the ice with anyone else. I could, though, see her as a "single ice dancer," much like the kind of programs Shae is doing right now.

As for Jeff doing dance, I don't see that at all, or at least not with a partner. In most ice dance partnerships, the woman is the focus. Jeff is so wonderfully artistic that I wouldn't want to see him overshadowed by a female partner.