View Full Version : Is Irina retiring?

seanibu
03-23-2006, 10:23 PM
MIGHT HAVE ALL READY BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING THIS IN THE WRONG AREA, HOPE THIS SPOT IS OK OR BETTER - sorry admins and mods. - senc. Seanibu

http://www.kp.ru/daily/23663.4/50269/print/

I would wait for an official announcement, buttttttttt.

..translation, the last sentence "I have decided that I need to give birth."?

A report by John Zimmerman on Yahoo, that Irina threw a tantrum after the medal ceremony and chucked her bronze medal into the trash. ??????

I was very surprised to hear this after seeing her grateful response in 2003 to getting 9th. - I am sure most of you will know what I am refering to. And she still is coping with a number of the same issues???

"Ira, You are still loved and admired!!!!!! Johny seemed more up set about you then his buddy."

Not trying to say that she shouldn't be upset AND she should have a little more privacy - maybe the steroids are making her moody (acutely haven't heard if she's off totally or what, think she'll be on them forever, but that has affects if she's being "weaned" as well).

I really think that she felt like she didn't give her Mother the one thing she thought Mom would want, and that is something that can kill you inside.

Also can ONLY assume, that "hubby" and the way he is very "trophy bride" oriented, might have a touch of "sting" to it as well.

And Sasha screwed up at Least twice, that made me at least "motion" to the TV with a WHAT......HOW.....HUNH?

She might not even know, or at the time, what she was doing. Sometimes people can just feel like it is the end one day and the same thing makes you feel like starting something new. Emotions are unpredictable most of the time.

She might not even have done this - I am still 50-50 on believing, or I just can't admit it yet - let alone the possibilities of some totally unknown reason that is truly her right to privacy. We'll really have to wait for a few more sources and possibly her showing it to everyone.

I've lost my cool as well, And I admire her just the same! Besides that, I don't think her Program could have earned her the gold via the points if it was perf. It was Sh-chan's night, there is nothing her "components" could have done to change it.

For now, I'll conceder the source. And I think she'll make a great Mom too.

BTW, this has been viewed by 2,000+ people already.

sceptique
03-24-2006, 05:08 AM
MIGHT HAVE ALL READY BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING THIS IN THE WRONG AREA, HOPE THIS SPOT IS OK OR BETTER - sorry admins and mods. - senc. Seanibu

http://www.kp.ru/daily/23663.4/50269/print/

I didn't like the article, but it's the kind I usually exepect from this paper, which is none of my favourites as well. A sensational but unproven line about Irina retiring to have a baby, and a full page of moaning about judging being fixed.

I have a feeling that it's a very Russian thing to blame whatever happens in our lives on some external factors and universal unjustice, that many of my countrymates take as an excuse for sitting on their butt doing nothing but moaning. Arrrgh....

Sometimes I get so sick of this "we are the centre of the Universe but nobody likes us" crap. It's not just in figure skating, it's in everything you can touch. Makes it so difficult to be a Russian especially when you're looking at yourself from inside another culture.

Well, enough off topic. I think Irina had a great career and whatever she decides to do with the rest of her life is up to her. And I agree about a little bit of privacy.