View Full Version : Article - Yagudin will shoot for a fifth world title

adrianchew
04-08-2002, 10:18 PM
http://canoe.ca/Slam020408/ska_yagudin-cp.html

[quote:b83ef4464e]He'll seek a fifth world title next season when the championships will be held in Washington, he says during an interview between tour stops. He wants to surpass American Scott Hamilton and Kurt Browning of Caroline, Alta.

"Scott has four world titles, Kurt has four," he says. "I want five."[/quote:b83ef4464e]

Woohoo - Go Aleksei!!! :D

Also some words from Elena...

[quote:b83ef4464e]Everywhere she goes, she is asked about sharing the Olympic title with Jamie Sale and David Pelletier, the Canadians who were presented with a second set of gold medals following the judging scandal that erupted in Salt Lake City.

"I'm not angry," she insists. "It's already history.

"Nothing can change it. Everybody has a gold medal, everybody is happy. What can I say?"

Unlike Yagudin, she and her partner are unsure about competing next season.

"We don't know yet," she says. "We will probably take a year off but we will decide in the summer."[/quote:b83ef4464e]

Duckie
04-08-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm glad that Yagudin is sticking around for a while longer. I really enjoy his skating and feel that he is in a class of his own right now. I hope that he is working on some new quads to make his programs even more exciting. :)

SandraD
04-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Thank goodness!!!! Now we'll get to see him skate in Washington! Where is my camera. Hummm maybe I'll get a 500MM lens! :wink:

Sandra

Meredith
04-14-2002, 12:37 PM
Good for Alexei.

Given the number of skaters talking about taking a year or so off, it's going to be interesting to see who is competing in D.C. next year. We may be treated to some fresh faces and talent.