View Full Version : Platinum/gold passes @ Skate America 06?

Aimless
02-28-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking seriously about going to Skate America in Hartford this coming fall and getting an all event pass. Platinum passes (assuming I can still get one) are $295. Gold passes are $195. I don't see anything on the Skate American site that tells me what I get in the platinum pass that doesn't come with gold. Is it simply a better seat, does anybody know, or are there other priviledges? ? Any advice much appreciated.

legallyblond271
02-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm thinking seriously about going to Skate America in Hartford this coming fall and getting an all event pass. Platinum passes (assuming I can still get one) are $295. Gold passes are $195. I don't see anything on the Skate American site that tells me what I get in the platinum pass that doesn't come with gold. Is it simply a better seat, does anybody know, or are there other priviledges? ? Any advice much appreciated.

I'm going, and I have the Platinum. I think that level only gets you better seats - I believe they're in the first four rows. We had gold level tickets for Atlantic City in 2005 (we bought too late to get platinum level), and they were about 8 rows up - they were excellent seats. But, I don't know of any other perks or anything that come with platinum seats.

If you haven't been to Skate America before, I highly recommend it. It was a blast last year. :)

Aimless
03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Many thanks LB271. Exactly what I needed to know. It's quite a stretch in the bank account but I want to do this once in my life. I'm about to fax out my order for two platinum tix. Yahoo!
thanks again.

legallyblond271
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Many thanks LB271. Exactly what I needed to know. It's quite a stretch in the bank account but I want to do this once in my life. I'm about to fax out my order for two platinum tix. Yahoo!
thanks again.

You're so welcome!

I'm always pushing Skate America as a great event to go to, especially if you aren't going to do a lot of other events. It's perfect because you get to meet a lot of international skaters, and the good American skaters end up coming because it's in their home country. Plus, it's really small and intimate. We ran into so many of the skaters just around the venue and around town last year. I about had a heart attack when my mom and I saw Katerina Witt walk right past us into Starbucks!

You will have a wonderful time, I'm sure, and will find it well worth the cost! I'm coming all the way from California for it. :)

Anyway, I hope you have a ton of fun. Bring a good camera and lots of sharpies for autographs!

Isk8NYC
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Just received an email announcing the SkateAmerica 2006 website update.

No official word on who's competing there, though.

http://www.2006skateamerica.org/

Sylvia
08-03-2006, 08:35 PM
No official word on who's competing there, though.
The ISU site has a list of preliminary entries for all six Grand Prix competitions (scroll down to "Entries" and click on the links by discipline):
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

However, you should expect some skater withdrawals/replacements/etc. as the Grand Prix events draw nearer. For example, I've heard that France's Frederic Dambier may be retiring from eligible competition and, if true, he will be replaced at Skate America and Cup of Russia.