View Full Version : Losing interest....

Spider68
02-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Am I alone in "losing" interest in figure skating? The new judging system has turned the men's and ladie's events into a jump fest - more gymnastics than skating. Only ice dance (sans some of the awful costumes) is preserving artistry.

flippet
02-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I've been losing interest for a few years now (I'm really only still interested in it because I enjoy doing it). The programs are all too often choreographically bare, almost never skated WITH the music, and fail to move me. Oooh...another jump. :giveup:

I like programs that have a story to tell, and they're almost non-existent these days. :x

Schmeck
02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I've enjoyed seeing the new skaters, like Meissner, Taylor, Czisny (sp?) and will hopefully get to see more of NNN now that she is doing pairs! Savoie was wonderful this year as well. And how about the Georgian skater Vedevanishvili (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!)?

I've found it to be interesting to see how CoP evolves, and I'm waiting for it to bite Cinquanta in the butt, hopefully :twisted:

The new challenge will be to make interesting programs and keep the CoP points piling up - otherwise, viewing will be off, meaning less $$$ for the ISU. That might be interesting too? :lol:

Laetitia_Hubert
02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
I suggest that to make the Ladies event more exciting they should change the mandatory double axel into a mandatory triple axel!

That would add some more suspense.

I also think the ISU should integrate a new rule that allows props (even if it's just one). This would really add some flare to otherwise boring and repetitive programs.

I also think for fun at Worlds (the last competition of the year) they should have a "Best Costume" contest where 33% of the votes are cast by fashion experts, 30% of the votes cast by real skating officials and the other 30% cast by the fans online! I know this has nothing to do with "skating" but it's still fun!

Maybe even a best spin contest?

mikawendy
02-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I've enjoyed seeing the new skaters, like Meissner, Taylor, Czisny (sp?) and will hopefully get to see more of NNN now that she is doing pairs! Savoie was wonderful this year as well. And how about the Georgian skater Vedevanishvili (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!)?

Yes, Savoie rocked! (And he was great last year at Nats, too--I loved his Barber adagio short program, and last year, there was more breathing room for the edges and skating--this year, it seemed like CoP meant it was more packed with elements--but still beautiful.) Rochette and Buttle were awesome, too!

NNN and Leftheris bring new meaning to the words "split twist"--great split position before the twist.

(And you only got the first letter wrong, Schmeck--it's Gedevanishvili--you got all the hard parts of it right! ;) ;) )

mikawendy
02-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Maybe even a best spin contest?

How about a best biellman spin/biellman spiral contest? ;)

anniebgood
02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
My interest in the # of skaters is less than it used to be. But my love of the sport is about just as strong. :)