View Full Version : Skating videos on the net ???

jackal2513
02-26-2006, 03:00 AM
hi there

Ive been searching around on the net and it would appear that theres a pretty poor range of videos and media available. I would have thought there would be more on enthusiasts websites etc.. ? Can anyone direct me the right way , I am looking for famous olympic pieces like Torvil and Dean, Kwan "Fools of Gold" etc...

kind regards

John King
02-26-2006, 04:50 AM
If you mean downloads,there's fsvids.9.forumer.com.If you mean freelance videotapes/DVDs,search for any forum's 'trade','market' sections.If you mean commercial videos,have you tried Amazon.com?

Hope this helps.

jackal2513
02-26-2006, 04:58 AM
ok thanks. Shame though, that site is bust. Every link you click just refreshes the same page .. including the register link so i cant join up.

tdnuva
02-27-2006, 07:46 AM
The site was closed for registration during the olympics. Olympics are over now.

dbny
02-27-2006, 10:07 AM
ok thanks. Shame though, that site is bust. Every link you click just refreshes the same page .. including the register link so i cant join up.

Things are back to normal there, and I am joyfully downloading Oksana Baiul's 1994 Oly LP, which I somehow have lost.

If you are interested in historic performances, there is the offical Olympic Videos (http://www.olympic.org/uk/utilities/multimedia/gallery/results_uk.asp?entid=77&MediaType=VID&page=1) site. My favorite there is John Curry. Most of the videos are not of complete programs, but that one is. Many of them have documentary voice overlay, which I found very enlightening.

jackal2513
02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
ok thanks a lot, i will take a look